FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Code::Blocks configuration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Code::Blocks configuration Reply with quote

Can anyone give me, or point me to directions for setting up Code::Blocks to use the DMD (on Windows) and GDC (on Mac) compilers. Installing the IDE was easy, and I see a lot of people using it for their D development, but I can't find instructions on how to setup the compilers, syntax highlighting, and debugging specifically for D.

Thanx

Brian
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Code::Blocks configuration Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Can anyone give me, or point me to directions for setting up Code::Blocks to use the DMD (on Windows) and GDC (on Mac) compilers. Installing the IDE was easy, and I see a lot of people using it for their D development, but I can't find instructions on how to setup the compilers, syntax highlighting, and debugging specifically for D.

Thanx

Brian

I haven't tried using Code::Blocks in a few weeks, so I can't remember what I thought of it other than it's too complicated to meet my programming needs right now, but I'm sure someone out there can help you.

There are a couple Wiki4d pages about Code::Blocks: EditorSupport/CodeBlocks and CodeBlocks, but I don't know if either will be helpful for you.

Have you installed a nightly build? I don't think the D features aren't available in any versions of Code::Blocks that have been released yet. Older versions won't have any D support at all.

Also, you might get some help from someone in the digitalmars.D.debugger newsgroup, since DDBG works with Code::Blocks to some extent.
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Got it... Reply with quote

Ok, thanx. That answers my question. I need to use one of the nightly builds.

Brian
zzzzrrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Code::Blocks configuration Reply with quote

Brian wrote:

Thanx

Brian

You may want to also check out GVIM. It has syntax highlighting support for D. It works very well for me in conjunction with DSSS.....

http://www.vim.org

-Mason
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: GVIM on OS/X... Reply with quote

I haven't foung GVIM on the VIM website. What's the difference between GVIM and VIM? Does regular VIM have D Syntax Highlighting, or do you have to add a highlighting file?

Also, what are you using for debugging? I originally asked about XCode because I'd like to use that if possible, but I could go more Unix-y and use DDD or something.

Brian
MyronAlexander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian.

GVim is "graphical" Vim and, depending on the distribution, is either bundled with Vim, or is a separate executable. Best read the distribution blurb for more information.

GVim and Vim are pretty much identical except that GVim spawns a window and allows for menus and a few additional mouse features.

Note that unless you have used Vim before, it can be quite daunting as it is a powerful, but not so user-friendly, editor.

I use (G)Vim 7 and it has built in highlighting for D.

For debugging, I use WinDbg (on windows) I have not tried D on Linux yet.

There is also Ddbg but I have not tried it yet.

Regards,

Myron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: