FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Y DFL09503+Entice082 can not compile tutorial addressbook???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donovan_hu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Y DFL09503+Entice082 can not compile tutorial addressbook??? Reply with quote

Hi there,
I was driven almost crazy for the subjected issue.The tutorial you posted on the web-addressbook using entice does not work at all on my machine!!

I downloaded the most current versions as mentioned above but whatever I did,it just did not work.

The previous version of DFL and entice does not work also in my previous testing.

Please help!!

Regards,
Dono
donovan_hu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's more,I was exactly following the compiling instruction within the tutorial,but the compile message seemed that there is something wrong with the sqlite_import and sqlite_oo .For example:

sqlite_oo.d(3Cool:function sqlite_import.sqlite3_open(char*,sqlite3**)does not match parameter types(char[],sqlite3 **)

Regards,
Dono
jicman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I could tell you that it has not worked in a while. It did, when I tried, 6 months ago, but with all the changes to D, and DFL, and SQLite, lots of the code must be changed.

I am going to try to get this to work and use DDBI, since that is what I am using right now. I owe this, and more, to Chris.

Well, back to work...
donovan_hu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....many thanks.Although I cannot get it work at this moment,I am not confused any more.Otherwise I was keeping wondering whether my installation of dmd or dfl is not completed or there is something else wrong with sqlite...

I like D so much after using Delphi,vb,c#,c++.It combine all the advantage of these language...

Looking forward to your input in the future.
Thanks again.
jicman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to D. Smile That is exactly what happened to me. I fell in love with it right away.

I will reply to this after I rewrite the code.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry this caused you so much trouble. The tutorial was written for older versions and I'm not the author of the tutorial (you can find his contact information at the bottom of the tutorial page).

I suppose it shouldn't matter so much if it fails to compile, at least if it teaches you how to use Entice and DFL, you can go ahead and write your own stuff with this knowledge. It would be great if it compiled, however.

To jicman: I would appreciate it if you would update the tutorial and its download. You can e-mail me with your updates and I'll put it up. I would be more enthusiastic to update it myself if it didn't depend on sqlite.
jicman

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

I will send you the updated entries to you. This is what I used to start with DFL and so, it is a good idea to fix it, since what I am going use DDBI instead.

Thanks for DFL.

jic
donovan_hu

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear both

Thanks so much for your effort!!!!
Actually I am not an experienced programmer,and not good at C.To apply sqlite into D seems very hard to me...I also tried DDBI but failed again the same reason :compiling failed.

And I am looking forward a good tutorial to D,not only DFL or Entice.

Thanks again
Dono
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: