FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictODE Is Now Official

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: DerelictODE Is Now Official Reply with quote

I've just finished integrating quartz's DerelictODE package into the trunk. For those of you who intend to use it, there are a couple of things that I want to point out about it.

First, it is vital that you read the section in the titled "Floating Point Precision" in ode.html. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that it won't be an issue for most people most of the time, but it's still very important to be aware of.

Second, quartz provided a really nice suite of examples. I used them to make sure it was all working as expected (and aside from one error, it is). However, I did not add the examples to the trunk. After seeing the code he put together, I'm starting to reconsider my stance on examples and seeing them in a more favorable light. I still have some concerns about the Derelict forums turning into support forums for the bound libraries and about future users demanding tutorials to go along with the examples, but the benefit of having them is becoming more obvious to me.

As such, I think it would be best to empty the examples directory in the trunk and provide all examples as separate downloads. What I'm thinking is that examples for each package could be bundled up in a single zip file, with shared libraries available in a separate zip for each platform. Each example package would come with Build Response Files (or perhaps a build script), configured to be executed from the examples directory. Just a heads up. I've been going back and forth on this issue for a long while now, but the examples quartz put together are really nice.

So thanks to quartz (William DeVore) for putting DerelictODE together and submitting it for inclusion to the trunk. The next packages on the hit list: DerelictFMODEx and quite possibly DerelictLUA. Don't expect these in a hurry, though Wink

Last edited by aldacron on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
quartz

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Very Happy

Thanks aldacron,

It was a pleasure doing it. I hope everybody gets some mileage from DerelictODE. I know I am! Very Happy

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: