FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usage notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kris

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterite wrote:
kris wrote:
Arrow The 'file' icon in the D Perspective

it has a letter 'd' in bright red ... gotta tell ya, bright red means STOP. This color is used in the real-world for such purposes because it is quite hard to ignore. Thus, when the D file icon is displayed vertically in the Navigator, and horizontally in each of the source-file tabs, it is terribly distracting Shocked

Please, please, please change the icon color to something that does not scream LOOK AT ME ?

Ok, I'll change the color to a bluer one... or maybe a darker red, I'll see... do you have any suggestion?

I'd suggest going 'corporate' with some kind of dark blue tone?
kris

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterite wrote:
kris wrote:
Arrow debugging with ddbg

breakpoint cannot locate source file to display. Shows "edit source lookup path" button, which appears to show a reasonable root to locate the module. Clicking on the active breakpoints in the "Breakpoints" pane does find the file correctly and relocates to the breakpoint line, but for some reason the file is not found for a general debugging session. This obviously means that one cannot step through the source.

Oh ... "Breakpoint 0 hit at C:\d\tango\tango\io\Stdout.d:113 0x4020be"

^^ That's an explicit path, and I can't add 'root' to the "source lookup path"

How can this be rectified?

I guess you have a project that imports Tango, but that doesn't include tango's source code in it (i.e. only your application code is in the project). This will be fixed in next releases when configuring the includes path of a project: the debugger will look in this paths, too.

As a workaround for now, what you can do is to create a project for Tango, and add it to the source lookup path (in Run -> Debug... -> "your launch configuration name" -> "Source" tab). At least that worked for me when debugging an application that uses DFL.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

Thanks ... will give it a whirl tomorrow
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:
Arrow Spell Checking

Enabled in options, but does not seem to be enabled under the covers? This is really, really, useful since we all know programmers cannot spell Smile

Spell checking is implemented in Descent 0.4. It works exactly as in JDT, marking spell errors in comments and strings, and also alowing you to correct them or add them to the dictionary by pressing Ctrl + 1.

Very Happy
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:
Oh ... "Breakpoint 0 hit at C:\d\tango\tango\io\Stdout.d:113 0x4020be"

^^ That's an explicit path, and I can't add 'root' to the "source lookup path"

How can this be rectified?

I added a workaround for this, which searches if a source lookup path file name starts with that filename. If it does, then the matching file is opened in the editor.

This is in Descent 0.4.

Very Happy
simhau

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:

breakpoint cannot locate source file to display. Shows "edit source lookup path" button, which appears to show a reasonable root to locate the module.

I'm also having this problem. I tried to add the absolute path for the project, but that didn't help either.
Sceletor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:
asterite wrote:
kris wrote:
Arrow The 'file' icon in the D Perspective

it has a letter 'd' in bright red ... gotta tell ya, bright red means STOP. This color is used in the real-world for such purposes because it is quite hard to ignore. Thus, when the D file icon is displayed vertically in the Navigator, and horizontally in each of the source-file tabs, it is terribly distracting Shocked

Please, please, please change the icon color to something that does not scream LOOK AT ME ?

Ok, I'll change the color to a bluer one... or maybe a darker red, I'll see... do you have any suggestion?

I'd suggest going 'corporate' with some kind of dark blue tone?

I downloaded and installed the bright red icons... I was so happy to have another color than standard blue eclipse java/cdt colors and I cant say Im very distracted..

Just to give a different opinion on that matter Smile

Maybe you should keep the old items around and give the user a choice which color he or she prefers?
I mean you could put some instructions of what gif to copy where in the docs or somewhere (I did it myself and getting the old gifs out of the trunks and adding them to the right .jar archive in eclipse wasnt that difficult)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: