FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBIException: near "u": syntax error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: DBIException: near "u": syntax error Reply with quote

Greetings!

After I updated my system to 2.5r62 using SqliteDatabase, I have been getting these annoying syntax errors,
Code:
DBIException: near "u": syntax error

which happen all the time. I have not figured out why or how to replicate it constantly, but they do happen usually. Any ideas? Here is the one that caused this one post...

INSERT INTO LSOpenJobs ( ProjID, parent, children, login, cust, proj, PClass, PSubClass, bdate, ddate, edate, pm, pmuk, lang, vendor, vEmail, invoice, ProjFund, PMTime, A_No, wDir, BiliDir, TMDir, DeliveryDir, paid, notes, status ) values ('254', '254', '', 'us319318', 'Merrimack', '3.0 Quick Cards', 'Technical', 'XTranslate', '2007-02-21', '2007-02-21', '', 'us319318', 'piva, karina', 'en2es,en2br', '', 'karina@x.com', '', '', '', 'A36XPP02', 'D:\Projects\Analysis\Merrimack\07-02-21-Merrimack-3.0-Quick-Cards_254', '', '', '', 'n', ' - ProjID 166 copy. - ProjID 254 copy. - ProjID 264 copy.', 'o' );

The INSERT works and so this message is bogus, but why is this complaining so much? I am sending it with the
Code:
db.execute (cmd);

which never had a problem before I upgraded to 2.5r62.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jose
jicman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one has seen this problem?
pragma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't use SQLite, but if I had to take a stab at it I would try using the query in a query analyzer (if possible), to remove D and DDBI from the equation.

Failing that, we must dig deeper - look at where the letter 'u' comes up in the query. Do you get this error with different data?

To me, this looks like a query parser/syntax issue. The first token-boundary that starts with 'u' is the value 'us319318'. If you back up a bit you'll see that you have two single-quotes for the empty-value before it:

Code:
'', 'us319318'

It might be possible that SQLite mis-interprets the back-to-back single quotes here (read: a bug), and is reading that as an escaped single-quote token. That would yield the following token sequence:

Code:
<single-quote> <comma> <single-quote> "us319318" <single-quote>

instead of:
Code:
<single-quote> <single-quote> <comma> <single-quote> "us319318" <single-quote>

Subtle, but significant. The former would throw a syntax error at the "u" in your column value, since it would expect to see a comma or a right paren.

This would suggest that if you try an insert with no empty values, the problem would suddenly go away and there is indeed a bug. Alternately, try inserting against a smaller table with empty values in this way, to see what results you get.
jicman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, busy as heck...

pragma wrote:
Well, I don't use SQLite, but if I had to take a stab at it I would try using the query in a query analyzer (if possible), to remove D and DDBI from the equation.

I'll ask the SQLite forum. Thanks.

pragma wrote:
Failing that, we must dig deeper - look at where the letter 'u' comes up in the query. Do you get this error with different data?

Yes. I have been playing with this for a while, now. This is a perfectly defined SQLite UPDATE. The funny part is, I try it again, and it works after a few times. I don't think the DB is busy or anything like that. I am trying to figure out how to use ErrorCode to see what error it is giving.

pragma wrote:
To me, this looks like a query parser/syntax issue. The first token-boundary that starts with 'u' is the value 'us319318'. If you back up a bit you'll see that you have two single-quotes for the empty-value before it:

Code:
'', 'us319318'

Yeah, but this is what all of the UPDATEs look like.

pragma wrote:
It might be possible that SQLite mis-interprets the back-to-back single quotes here (read: a bug), and is reading that as an escaped single-quote token. That would yield the following token sequence:

Code:
<single-quote> <comma> <single-quote> "us319318" <single-quote>

instead of:
Code:
<single-quote> <single-quote> <comma> <single-quote> "us319318" <single-quote>

Subtle, but significant. The former would throw a syntax error at the "u" in your column value, since it would expect to see a comma or a right paren.

I'll take a look at it...

pragma wrote:
This would suggest that if you try an insert with no empty values, the problem would suddenly go away and there is indeed a bug. Alternately, try inserting against a smaller table with empty values in this way, to see what results you get.

Thanks for the help. I'll come back, but I have a hunch that something else is going on...

thanks.

jose
jicman

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to figure out that I may be sending a command when sqlite is busy. How do use

SQLITE_OK

with ddbi? I see all of these options in the imp.d, but how do I use them? There is no example available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jose
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDBI All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: