FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entice suggestion for Chris

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gekkonier

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Entice suggestion for Chris Reply with quote

Hi Chris

short version below

long version:
I like your Entice Designer and DFL very very much. I realized now several small tools and a GUI for Servermonitor for a small videopostproduction (client/server-based) aswell with it.

I have a suggestion which is maybe a little heavy Embarassed to realize.
Is it possible or are there plans to do an eventadder (don't know how to tell it right...) for lets say buttons? I thought about it that way: I add a button, then I rightclick on it, menu pops up with -> create eventlistener -> select the entry for click-event, and entice jumps to the sourcecode where you can enter your code for this event. Now i use a ruby script to change the generated d file from entice to add clickevents and functions for every button automatically. Thats okay, but it would be a really improvement for me personally if I could do this directly in Entice.

One more thing that would be really really cool is a smallish project manager thingy like in dcode editor. Today my development is like that:

1. create gui in entice
2. running the created d file throu ruby scripts
3. creating a project in dcode
4. glueing all together in dcode then

It would be more better for me (maybe for other people aswell) than it actualy is, if I could do all steps in entice alone.

Just short:
merging dcode and entice
adding eventhandling into gui creation

What do you think about that, Chris?

Nice greets from Austria,

a fan of your software!

PS.: Sorry about my english, it's not my native language. But I try to improve it Wink
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Entice suggestion for Chris Reply with quote

"merging dcode and entice" - this is the plan, as well as becoming an IDE. It is just going to take time. The first step was multiple file support along with the file list.
"adding eventhandling into gui creation" - this is actually planned for the next version.
You read my mind Smile

Also, you can help test prereleases of Entice if you want: http://www.dprogramming.com/entice.php#testing - don't be intimidated by the questions, I'm just curious.
gekkonier

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Entice suggestion for Chris Reply with quote

Chris Miller wrote:
I'm just curious.
Who's not? Laughing
I'm going to write an email to you right now.

Thank you for your elucidation!
gekkonier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just warming up a thread from iceage - now using Entice Designer 0.8.6pre4.
Things I would really be glad to see in Entice:

• add eventhandling functionality on Gadgets
  • add a run command (like the compile command / compile menu)

Do you have any plans with this?

Kind regards, Gregor
aaasd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"add a run command (like the compile command / compile menu)"

I added it to "Directory Project"-plugin that comes with the package under Plugins/SDK/Examples/dirproj. Really easy and quick way to get what you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: