FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undefined symbol on compilling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nox / Lux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried compiling as suggested, but then this happens. It compiles fine, but doesn't really want to start.

I'll try with an import library. Will I need an import library for all files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin or will just libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll do?

As for changing the scripts - if an import library is needed, it should be possible to automate the implib execution in the scripts since you can pull the GTK location from the registry, no?
Ant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos wrote:
You have the dll, but the linker needs a lib. Use lib (it should be in your dmc bin directory) to create an import library from the dll. Then, pass that to dmd.

You don't need a lib, the dll are loaded at runtime and the symbols are defined on gtkD. Something else is the problem.

Ant
Nox / Lux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the symbols it complains about gtkD or GTK symbols? I've seen some similar problems in regards to dlls where it was some conflict between the D and the C calling conventions. Although I don't see why I would be the only one with the problem in that case.
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

I can't seem to reproduce that error, or anything similar. I'm not sure why it's doing that. I'll look into it and see if I can figure it out. Maybe Ant will get back with you before I do.
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're gtk symbols. I'm not sure why you're getting this error when no one else has either! At least, no one else reported it.
Ant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nox / Lux wrote:
I tried compiling as suggested, but then this happens. It compiles fine, but doesn't really want to start.

I'll try with an import library. Will I need an import library for all files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin or will just libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll do?

As for changing the scripts - if an import library is needed, it should be possible to automate the implib execution in the scripts since you can pull the GTK location from the registry, no?

You shouldn't need a lib (but I never used bud)
I never saw that error before. do you have the latest version of Gtk+ from
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

here is how leds compiles and links on windows
Code:

> (from C:\devel\Duit\trunk\gtkD) Executing >
dmd demos\gtkD\TEditableCells.d demos\gtkD\TestAspectFrame.d demos\gtkD\TestDrawingArea.d demos\gtkD\TestEntries.d demos\gtkD\TestIdle.d demos\gtkD\TestImage.d demos\gtkD\TestScales.d demos\gtkD\TestStock.d demos\gtkD\TestText.d demos\gtkD\TestThemes.d demos\gtkD\TestTreeView.d demos\gtkD\TestTreeView1.d demos\gtkD\TestWindow.d demos\gtkD\TTextView.d   -odobj  -op  -Idemos;src;\dmd\src\phobos    -c  -I\dmd\src\phobos

> (from C:\devel\Duit\trunk\gtkD) Executing >
link  obj\demos\gtkD\TEditableCells.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestAspectFrame.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestDrawingArea.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestEntries.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestIdle.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestImage.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestScales.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestStock.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestText.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestThemes.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestTreeView.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestTreeView1.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TestWindow.obj obj\demos\gtkD\TTextView.obj, .\gtkDTests,,\dmd\lib\ gtkd+advapi32+kernel32+user32  /noignorecase

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud doesn't require a lib to compile either. I didn't have a problem compiling GtkDTests with either compd or bud, but I do prefer bud.

Anyways, can you show us how GtkDTests compiles/links for you?
Nox / Lux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
Bud doesn't require a lib to compile either. I didn't have a problem compiling GtkDTests with either compd or bud, but I do prefer bud.

Anyways, can you show us how GtkDTests compiles/links for you?

Absolutely! Is this assuming I am running the previously modified script (bud), or the original one?
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bud script, please.
Nox / Lux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded compdGtkDTests_bud.log.txt.

Thank you for helping me with this!
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that all? There should be more than that...

Can I get the compd script as well?
Nox / Lux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command line for bud is: C:\dmd\src\gtkD>bud demos/gtkD/TestWindow.d -v -names -full -gui -O -TGtkDTests -Isrc;demos -clean
Any other switches I should use?

I downgraded my version of GTK as can be seen in gtk_2.reg.txt. This is now the version found on the GIMP site.

Here is the log from compd: compdGtkDTests_compd.log.txt
okibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I managed to get that error. It seemed to me that I happened depending on HOW I installed GTK. However, if you installed the one from the GIMP site, you shouldn't have a problem. Try recompiling gtkd with the compdGtkD.bat script and then running the compdGtkDTests.bat script.
div0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
Well, I managed to get that error. It seemed to me that I happened depending on HOW I installed GTK. However, if you installed the one from the GIMP site, you shouldn't have a problem. Try recompiling gtkd with the compdGtkD.bat script and then running the compdGtkDTests.bat script.

I'm having the same problem.
I'm a bit confused about the above though.
If the linking is done by gtkD dynamically at run time then what's the installation of gtk got to do with linking a test app?
The error should be thrown when running the .exe but I've not got that far.
Is there some magic happening during compilation that requires the dlls to be available?
If so then which compilation requires them available, compilation of gtkD or the test app?

at the mo, gtkD compiles fine even without the dlls on my machine.
okibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which problem are you having, exactly?

GtkD doesn't require the dlls to be installed to compile, nor do they need to be installed to compile an application.

However, this is the case on Windows. From a Linux perspective, the modules need to be referenced to compile. Take a look at the code.

Is anyone in this thread still having problems? Please post them again for further assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: