FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWIG/D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: SWIG/D Reply with quote

SWIG is a nifty little tool that can create "glue code" between C or C++ and a number of other languages, using little more than the original C headers and a few scripts to control type conversions.

(you probably knew that already, but maybe you didn't in which case I just provided a valuable educational service. Or something)

With the exception of a few brave souls, the D backend I started writing for Swig sometime last year has been a one-man-band, which is probably why it hasn't seen more activity.

Moving the project here would open make it a fair bit more visible, and open the way for collaborative development that doesn't revolve around a single individual. ;)

On a somewhat-related note, I put an experimental rewrite here. It is a rewrite, though: simpler, shorter, and not quite as robust as the old one yet.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about the / in the name. What about Swigged or something, as the project name? And Andy, you want to be the admin, with write-access to SVN?

BA
andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be able to hand this over to the official Swig maintainers when its in sufficiently good shape. Keeping the name to "Swig, with some extra stuff" helps to emphasize that it's not a fork. Smile

How about swig-for-d? (hyphens should be okay, but swigd would be perfectly fine too)

Also, with respect to Subversion, that would be fabulous.

-- andy
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

The project is all set. Your login for EclipseD's SVN repository should work. Let me know if you have any issues.

The work on the Wiki could be ported here after I get Trac up and running on the new dsource.org server. It has a built in Wiki and bug tracker, as well as a source-code viewer.

BA
andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> swig4d All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: