FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bud path and config file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vubun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: bud path and config file Reply with quote

hello,
I'm trying to use bud with gdc, i use a config file found on this forum which work fine.
But when i directly run bud from a console i get an error whereas if i run it with full path, it work well:
build build -full -op -> return gdc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S with multiple files
/usr/bin/build build -full -op -> work fine

It seems no to use the config file in the first case.
there is everywhere explanation on how to compil bud but none on how to install it.
Is there a way to install it correctly and how to set application path (that is the first place where it should search for the config file)

Thanks in advance
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: bud path and config file Reply with quote

vubun wrote:
hello,
I'm trying to use bud with gdc, i use a config file found on this forum which work fine.
But when i directly run bud from a console i get an error whereas if i run it with full path, it work well:
build build -full -op -> return gdc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S with multiple files
/usr/bin/build build -full -op -> work fine

It seems no to use the config file in the first case.
there is everywhere explanation on how to compil bud but none on how to install it.
Is there a way to install it correctly and how to set application path (that is the first place where it should search for the config file)

This is what I have done ...
* I placed the Bud executable in the directory of my choice (Y:\util in my case)
* I added that diretory to the PATH symbol that gets set when I log in.
* I placed the Bud config file into the same direcory as the executeable.
* I never use the -op switch (Can't see the point of it)
* I use -clean switch to get rid of unwanted object files etc...
Crispy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: bud path and config file Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:

It's necessary if you have two different modules with different paths but the same name. If you don't use -op in this situation, the object files will overwrite each other before they get linked, and you'll get errors.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: bud path and config file Reply with quote

Crispy wrote:
Derek Parnell wrote:

It's necessary if you have two different modules with different paths but the same name. If you don't use -op in this situation, the object files will overwrite each other before they get linked, and you'll get errors.

LOL - I got mixed up. I meant to say that I never use the -od switch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: