FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An internal error occurred during: "Launching"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll need to debug that to see what's happening... I'll try to do it in a VM, but I don't know if I'll be able to, since it runs really slow in a VM.

Since you found out the problem was the java version, you should now be able to compile and run Descent from the trunk version (probably the errors was because it was trying to compile with Java 1.4). Then you can set a breakpoint at DescentSourceLookupParticipant, line 21, and follow from there... it's returning null, but it shouldn't. I hope you can help us...
L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed Descent via eclipse and I've never built a eclipse plugin before, so what shoul I do?
Perhaps I could start with installing subclipse...
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can install subclipse. I don't use it because in Windows I'm more comfortable with TortoiseSVN. Once you have subclipse, from File -> New -> Other... I think there is an SVN category, and in it a "SVN project from repository", or something like that. The location is: http://svn.dsource.org/projects/descent/trunk

You should get all the available projects, except dtool and mmnmmrhm.* (it's ok if you do get them, though).

Once everything is checked out and compiled, right click on the descent.ui project and select Debug as... --> Eclipse Application.

If you have any problem, please tell me so.
L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this took too long... and I get an error:

Build problems
Errors during build.
Errors running builder "Integrated External Tool Builder" on project AntTasks.
The builder launch configuration could not be found.
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can close the AntTasks project. It contains some ant tasks, but they aren't used yet. Is that the only error you get?
L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After removing the external builder I could compile descent with ca. 1800 warnings but no errors.

After starting it via Debug as -> Eclipse Application I get an error when I try to create an new D-Project:

Plug-in descent.ui was unable to load class descent.internal.ui.wizards.JavaProjectWizard.

Should I uninstall Descent first?
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the problem is that you already have Descent installed, you can run the Eclipse Appilcation with only the plugins you need. For this, go to Run --> Debug as... (from the window menu). There find your launch configuration (probably named Eclipse Application). Go to the plugins tab, select "Choose plug-ins and fragments to launch from the list", click "Deselect all", then check the ones from descent.*. Then also check "org.eclipse.sdk", then click "Add Required Plug-ins" and click "Debug".

If the problem is still there... you can debug it to find out what's happening, but it should work. Wink
L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still got the problem. The only occurance of
"descent.internal.ui.wizards.JavaProjectWizard"
is in plugin.xml in descent.ui and the class seems to be missing.

Edit: Found the class, but I still don't know, why it isn't being instantiated...
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's missing? Strange...

Try refreshing all of the projects. Then, CTRL+T and type JavaProjectWizard to see if the class is there (or search it in the package descent.internal.ui.wizards). It's strange you don't have that class...
L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which class invokes the contructor of descent.internal.ui.wizards.JavaProjectWizard ?

Is it eclipse after having read the plugin.xml? If so, i just don't understand, why it can't find this class. A .class file exists, so it should be loaded, but a breakpoint in the construcor is never being hit.

Btw: Why is its name JavaProjectWizard and not DProjectWizard, like in descent.ui_4.2.something.jar ?
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Eclipse which loads the wizard. The name is the one that uses JDT. I tried not to rename files which came from JDT for easier porting. That's why you'll also find IJavaProject, etc.

I'm going out now, so I won't reply fast. If you want to, we can talk tomorrow. Here's my MSN: asterite at hotmail dot com

I'm also on freenode in #d.descent with the nick ary_manzana

You can check the error log to see if you can figure out why it doesn't load that class... To enable the error log, you need to add the org.eclipse.pde.* plugins in the dialog I mentioned some posts ago.
L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error doen't create a log entry...

c u tomorrow. It's already 3.13am.....
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens the same to me in my VM with Ubuntu. Lucikly I've found the problem. First, make sure that in Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Compiler the compliance level is 5.0. You should also set the default JRE to 1.5 in Java -> Installed JREs (the default is the checked one).

Finally, open a console and write java -version. If it gives a version different than the one used by Eclipse, you should change which java command is used. I don't know if this is the standard way, I don't know much about linux, but in Ubuntu you can do:

sudo update-alternatives --config java

Hope that helps. Now I'll try to find what's happening with GDB in Descent...
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I saw why Descent couldn't find the source. I also saw it took some time to actually stop on a breakpoint. I fixed all that stuff. If you can, please update your svn copy and try it out. If it works ok, I'll release a maintenance version... it will also contain the Open Type dialog. Wink
L

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried what you suggested, but I still can't debug these plugins. I guess, I do something wrong, when I try to launch this eclipse-plugin-test-debug-session-thingy.... Or is my configuration wrong? Where can I check this?

I just updated my whole workspace directory. After waiting for the compiler to get finished I started the debug session as you told me before, but the plugins arent loaded, eclipse even does not find them. Do I have to export them first or something?

And thx for the help so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: