FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DFL + Tango build-error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowIce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: DFL + Tango build-error Reply with quote

I'm trying to build DFL (0.9.6) with Tango (0.99rc3) and dmd 1.020, but all I get is this error:

Quote:

Compiling release DFL...

D:\DEVELO~1\DIGITA~2\dmd\import\dfl>D:\DEVELO~1\DIGITA~2\dmd\bin\dmd -c -O -inli
ne -release -I.. -version=Tango -v1 base.d application.d internal/dlib.d intern
al/clib.d internal/utf.d internal/com.d control.d form.d registry.d drawing.d me
nu.d notifyicon.d commondialog.d filedialog.d folderdialog.d panel.d textbox.d r
ichtextbox.d picturebox.d listbox.d groupbox.d splitter.d usercontrol.d button.d
label.d collections.d internal/winapi.d internal/wincom.d event.d socket.d time
r.d environment.d messagebox.d tooltip.d combobox.d treeview.d tabcontrol.d colo
rdialog.d listview.d data.d clipboard.d fontdialog.d progressbar.d resources.d s
tatusbar.d
..\tango\core\Thread.di(156): variable tango.core.Thread.Thread.PRIORITY_MIN mis
sing initializer in static constructor for const variable
..\tango\core\Thread.di(160): variable tango.core.Thread.Thread.PRIORITY_MAX mis
sing initializer in static constructor for const variable
..\tango\core\Thread.di(556): variable tango.core.Thread.PAGESIZE missing initia
lizer in static constructor for const variable

Failed.

I don't know if that's an error in Tango, dmd, DFL or I just did something wrong but any help would be appreciated.
gekkonier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a working environment with dmd, tango and then install dsss too into your dmd directory.

Then, you just extract the dfl files too into your dmd directory.

After that:

Code:
rebuild -dc=dmd-win-tango -Ic:\dmd\import  -debug  -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0 file.d

Look here: http://www.dprogramming.com/dfltango.php
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DFL + Tango build-error Reply with quote

Gekkonier is correct. The script that prints out "Compiling release DFL..." is for DMD and Phobos.
ShadowIce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sure, but first I need the two DFL librarys, and that's where my problem is. They are neither in the zip nor in the installer (although the installer tries to build them but failes). And "dfl -dfl-build" results in the above error.

And I think I have a working environment with Tango, dmd and dsss (at least I can compile my own program that uses Tango).

Or other question, is it maybe not possible to build the DFL librarys with Tango and I have to use Phobos instead for this and can later switch to Tango again for my own software?

Edit: That's the output of "rebuild -dc=dmd-win-tango -ID:\Development\DigitalMars\dmd\import -debug -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0 helloworld.d" btw.

Code:

WARNING: Module helloworld.d does not have a module declaration. This can cause
problems
         with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
D:\Development\DigitalMars\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe .\nmd_helloworld+.\dfl-
all+.\dfl-base+.\dfl-internal-dlib+.\dfl-internal-clib+.\dfl-internal-winapi+.\d
fl-internal-_stdcwindows+.\dfl-internal-wincom+.\dfl-drawing+.\dfl-internal-utf+
.\dfl-internal-com+.\dfl-event+.\dfl-menu+.\dfl-control+.\dfl-form+.\dfl-applica
tion+.\dfl-label+.\dfl-button+.\dfl-textbox+.\dfl-environment+.\dfl-resources+.\
dfl-collections+.\dfl-data+.\dfl-usercontrol+.\dfl-panel+.\dfl-socket+.\dfl-time
r+.\dfl-listbox+.\dfl-splitter+.\dfl-groupbox+.\dfl-messagebox+.\dfl-registry+.\
dfl-notifyicon+.\dfl-clipboard+.\dfl-commondialog+.\dfl-filedialog+.\dfl-folderd
ialog+.\dfl-colordialog+.\dfl-fontdialog+.\dfl-richtextbox+.\dfl-tooltip+.\dfl-c
ombobox+.\dfl-treeview+.\dfl-picturebox+.\dfl-tabcontrol+.\dfl-listview+.\dfl-st
atusbar+.\dfl-progressbar,helloworld.exe,,user32+kernel32/noi+SDD-tango-net.lib+
SDD-tango-stdc.lib+SDD-tango-text.lib+SDD-tango-io.lib+SDD-tango-sys.lib+SDD-tan
go-stdc.lib+SDD-tango-text.lib+SDD-tango-core.lib+uuid.lib+ole32.lib+comdlg32.li
b+advapi32.lib+comctl32.lib+gdi32.lib+ws2_32.lib+dfl_build.lib/exet:nt/su:window
s:4.0;
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

.\dfl-base.obj(dfl-base)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object9Exception5_ctorMFAaC9ExceptionZC9Exception

.\dfl-base.obj(dfl-base)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object6Object6toUtf8MFZAa
.\dfl-base.obj(dfl-base)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object9Exception6toUtf8MFZAa
.\dfl-internal-dlib.obj(dfl-internal-dlib)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception20OutOfMemoryException5_ctorM
FAakZC5tango4core9Exception20OutOfMemoryException
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception24IllegalArgumentException7__
ClassZ
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception24IllegalArgumentException5_c
torMFAaZC5tango4core9Exception24IllegalArgumentException
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception20OutOfMemoryException6toUtf8
MFZAa
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception20OutOfMemoryException7__Clas
sZ
.\dfl-application.obj(dfl-application)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core6Thread6Thread7__ClassZ
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core6Thread6Thread5_ctorMFDFZvZC5tango4core
6Thread6Thread
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core6Thread6Thread5startMFZv
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core6Memory2GC7collectFZv
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core6Thread6Thread7getThisFZC5tango4core6Th
read6Thread
D:\Development\DigitalMars\dmd\bin\..\lib\SDD-tango-net.lib(Socket)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception15SocketException7__ClassZ
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception15SocketException5_ctorMFAaZC
5tango4core9Exception15SocketException
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception13HostException5_ctorMFAaZC5t
ango4core9Exception13HostException
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception13HostException7__ClassZ
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception21SocketAcceptException5_ctor
MFAaZC5tango4core9Exception21SocketAcceptException
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception21SocketAcceptException7__Cla
ssZ
D:\Development\DigitalMars\dmd\bin\..\lib\SDD-tango-text.lib(Utf)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _onUnicodeError
D:\Development\DigitalMars\dmd\bin\..\lib\SDD-tango-io.lib(FilePath)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception11IOException5_ctorMFAaZC5tan
go4core9Exception11IOException
D:\Development\DigitalMars\dmd\bin\..\lib\SDD-tango-io.lib(FilePath)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4core9Exception11IOException7__ClassZ
--- errorlevel 22
ShadowIce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I found a solution to the rebuild problem. Seems as if my tango.lib was not up to date. Still I would rather prefer using a library instead of rebuild but "dfl -dfl-build" isn't fixed by this.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only DFL lib file that is needed with rebuild is dfl_build.lib, which is included; the other 2 libs are phobos-only. The dfl command is phobos-only as well. With Tango, you need to use rebuild (this is the only way I am supporting it at the moment), which links in all the DFL stuff for you, not needing the 2 other libs.

All the errors you're showing don't seem to be related to DFL. Try compiling a Tango hello-world first. When you get that working, then try adding DFL to the mix.
ShadowIce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, problem with rebuild was at my side.

I also finally got the 2 libs by setting PAGESIZE, PRIORITY_MIN and PRIORITY_MAX in tango/core/Thread.di to some realistic values (4096, -15, 15) and by changing these 2 lines to makelib.bat (internal/_stdcwindows was missing):

Code:

set dfl_files=base.d application.d internal/_stdcwindows.d internal/dlib.d internal/clib.d internal/utf.d internal/com.d control.d form.d registry.d drawing.d menu.d notifyicon.d commondialog.d filedialog.d folderdialog.d panel.d textbox.d richtextbox.d picturebox.d listbox.d groupbox.d splitter.d usercontrol.d button.d label.d collections.d internal/winapi.d internal/wincom.d event.d socket.d timer.d environment.d messagebox.d tooltip.d combobox.d treeview.d tabcontrol.d colordialog.d listview.d data.d clipboard.d fontdialog.d progressbar.d resources.d statusbar.d

set dfl_objs=base.obj application.obj _stdcwindows.obj dlib.obj clib.obj utf.obj com.obj control.obj form.obj registry.obj drawing.obj menu.obj notifyicon.obj commondialog.obj filedialog.obj folderdialog.obj panel.obj textbox.obj richtextbox.obj picturebox.obj listbox.obj groupbox.obj splitter.obj usercontrol.obj button.obj label.obj collections.obj winapi.obj wincom.obj event.obj socket.obj timer.obj environment.obj messagebox.obj tooltip.obj combobox.obj treeview.obj tabcontrol.obj colordialog.obj listview.obj data.obj clipboard.obj fontdialog.obj progressbar.obj resources.obj statusbar.obj

Problem solved. Smile
DuronXP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using jake to compile.
I find jake in dmd which bundle with tango

jake myapp.d dfl.lib dfl_build.lib
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: