FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very interested in this...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SA_NPH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Very interested in this... Reply with quote

I just came across the D programming language and this website, then saw this project in the list. Looks very interesting. I have no experience developing a framework but I have lots of experience using them, and a D-compiled MVC framework sounds fantastic - I hope you make good progress on this and can find all the help you need.

One question - so far my favorite framework is Django... will it be very much like that (barring necessary differences for D), or will you be borrowing ideas from several different frameworks?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaronc542

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SA_NPH,

I plan to borrow ideas from several existing frameworks. Initially I was inspired by Rails, but currently I am looking more into Seaside for the Controller/View design.

Maybe you could tell me about some of the features that you really like in Django. I'd like to hear about your experiences using it.

Currently, I have a View design that follows some of the principles outlined in this article http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~parrt/papers/mvc.templates.pdf and that is integrated with ICU for internationalization purposes. When I feel it is ready I will put in on SVN.

Yours,
Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sendero All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: