FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The trunk compiles!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: The trunk compiles! Reply with quote

Worked out the last of the linker issues, changed some method signatures so that the linker gets what it expects to see, and viola!

Of course, HelloDWT instantly causes an Access Violation, but at least it got that far!

Libs required to link can be grabbed here
Blandger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: The trunk compiles! Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Worked out the last of the linker issues, changed some method signatures so that the linker gets what it expects to see, and viola!

Wow! Andy you are rock! Smile
Quote:
Of course, HelloDWT instantly causes an Access Violation, but at least it got that far!

It's better then nothinig (as me for a long time).

Quote:
Libs required to link can be grabbed

But what is about changed sources? Are they all in place? I suppose so...
andy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The trunk compiles! Reply with quote

Blandger wrote:
But what is about changed sources? Are they all in place? I suppose so...
errr. sorry. Yeah, everything is in Subversion.
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo! Good work, Andy!

Very Happy
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo! Good work, Andy!

Very Happy

I'm curious to know how you were able to fix the infinite compile with the typedlistener import in eventtable.d.
andy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
I'm curious to know how you were able to fix the infinite compile with the typedlistener import in eventtable.d.
I have no idea why that happens, but moving most of the imports out of the class scope helped a lot. (some had to be defined at the module scope, others had to be class-level. it's weird)

The newest problem is a really fun one: std.thread's static constructor isn't being called. Surprised
kris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
JJR wrote:
I have no idea why that happens, but moving most of the imports out of the class scope helped a lot. (some had to be defined at the module scope, others had to be class-level. it's weird)

The newest problem is a really fun one: std.thread's static constructor isn't being called. Surprised

Would be great if you wouldn't mind noting the import weirdness to Walter, on that NG thread about library development issues.

The static constructor issue is one that I've run into a number of times, and Walter made some remark about "taking a look" earlier today. You might try switching the order of the modules as they're fed to the compiler? At one time (a while back), that seemed to work for me.

Another approach is to start hacking those static constructors you don't absolutely need (temporarily make them class constructors ~ rename & call from the class constructor instead) until std.Thread does the RightThing again. I've done that on several ocassions Confused
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: