FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krcko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Feature request Reply with quote

there is one feature i really need in Poseidon, and that is ADD-INS!!!

i would like to see support for add-ins (plugins, call it how you like) in one of the next releases, in that way many users (including me) would write plugins for their needs, and those plugins can be later included with Poseidon...

i just think (i'm very sure actually) that this will help Poseidon grow much much faster...
jinXed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Another feature Reply with quote

Another feature would be soooooo cool : Being able to regenerate the "package explorer" panel once we closed it -_-'

Thanks for your time !
lmartin92

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Another feature Reply with quote

I would like for one to be able to launch any file from within poseidon by right clicking it and clicking the menu item launch. Reason: I use batch files on windows to compile stuff and I hate having to open more than one window for a project.
This is not as nessasary as other features but it will provide us the ability to write our own compile scripts.

Lester L. Martin II
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Another feature Reply with quote

The lastest svn rev can load single file( default is *.d, but you can select *.* ), you can load and edit the batch file.
lmartin92

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: DDBG Reply with quote

O OK.
I see it now.

How do you use ddbg with poseidon. I've got it to say run but it gets in the middle of loading dlls and says 4invalid UTF-8 sequence.

I don't know what this is all I know is that this works with codeblocks. I'm sticking with poseidon because of its code completion but ddbg support would be awsome.

Thankyou,
Lester L. Martin II
jkinsey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see some simple documentation on how poseidon should be configured to build a project. It would also be nice that if it needs a specific build and debugger that those programs come with it. Why not include the compiler and resource compiler with it as well? That way when one installs the IDE they can go right to work without the need to install anything else. From what I can tell in the D programming world these are kinda novel ideas but I think it would help promote the language more. When you install Visual C/C++, Borland C++, Watcom C++, heck even turbo C you get compiler, debugger, resource compiler, IDE, and just a ton of other stuff to make life simpler. Anyway just my opinion and I know this is only one of many IDE's here but they all seem the same not quite there yet Sad I have been trying for weeks now to get D and an IDE setup and working properly so I could actually use the thing... Please see my code contribution below so far Wink

Code:

Object Documentation = New Users();
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: