FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem building wxD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTact

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Problem building wxD Reply with quote

I'm running into difficulty trying to build wxD with DSSS (on Windows) and was hoping someone might have an idea as to why. If I sync the wxD source, switch to the wxc directory and execute make, it builds fine. However, if I do a dsss build from the top level, the very first thing it does is switch to /wxc and execute make, and it gives me this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Keating\My Documents\Projects\D Programming Language\wxd>dsss build

Removing wxc
Command: make wxc clean COMPILER=DMD
+ make wxc clean COMPILER=DMD
cd wxc
make
dmc -D__DMD__ -mn -g -o+none -D____ -D__WXDEBUG__ -IC:\PROGRA~1\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include -IC:\PROGRA~1\wxWidgets-2.8.4\
lib\dmc_lib\mswd -w- -I. -WA -DNOPCH -HP90 -Ar -Ae -c -obutton.obj button.cpp
Fatal error: unable to open input file 'typeinfo.h'
--- errorlevel 1

--- errorlevel 1

--- errorlevel 1
Command make returned with code 1, aborting.

I suspect that when DSSS invokes make, it's lacking something in its environment, but it's not clear to me what that would be. Any thoughts?

TK
MrTact

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved:

When make was invoked from the command line it found the version of the version of dmc I had previously installed by hand (which was on the path), whereas the dsss invoked version used the version I installed. Same binary version, but a different sc.ini file.

Which leads me to my next thing: the version of sc.ini that is installed with the DSSS-installed version of dmd doesn't include things like %LIB% as part of the library path, which seems broken to me.

TimK
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DSSS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: