FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tag.toStringObject syntax

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnt06

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: tag.toStringObject syntax Reply with quote

Ok,

Can someone point me to a source-tutorial on the correct syntax for using tag.toString?

I'm trying to assign a pointer (in this case), to a textbox using tag.toString and assign the value in the textbox back to the pointer.

for example,

short lblone =100

rtx_EnableRxLabel(7, lblone); // set ch7 to rx label 100 as default

??? writef("%d", lblone (tag.toString...()));

in other words, I want to display the value of lblone in a TextBox, and if I change the value in the TextBox, it will update lblone.

I know it's simple, but the more I try, the faster everything starts spinning!

Todd
Confused
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: tag.toStringObject syntax Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't quite follow what you're saying. Perhaps this will help: the tag property is just an Object, so calling toString on it is simply getting that object's string representation. If you want to set a non-Object (non-class) as the tag, wrap it in some class. If you want it to be a string, DFL has StringObject provided. x.tag = new StringObject("foo");

Please clarify if this didn't help.
tnt06

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: tag.toStringObject syntax Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,

I figured out it won't work anyway. The TextBox will only accept a char input, so I think I will just punt and go back to C.

Todd
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: