FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Builds on MSys/Mingw32 & Cygwin failed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshScholar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Builds on MSys/Mingw32 & Cygwin failed Reply with quote

I got the source from subversion, went to the trunk/languagemachine and ran ./configure then make.

Under cygwin there was an error saying something like "You should recreate configure.ac:28: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again."

Following someone website's advice I don't remember if I ran "autoreconf -vfi" or "autoconf", but I did one of the two.

Then hitting make ran configure all by itself, and then got much further in the make, but gnu D 3.4.4 was gave me hundreds of symbol not defined errors (something like that), so I suspect that it wasn't finding it's standard include files.

Since I also have GNU D installed in Msys/MingW32, I figured it might be easier to try that setup than figure out how Cygwin is misconfigured.

So I did a "make clean" and started over in an MSys prompt.

I ran "./configure" then "make"

But GNU D 3.4.5 (MingW) crashed, and printed out this request to submit an error report:

src/lm/element.d: In member function `toBool':
src/lm/element.d:205: error: unrecognizable insn:
(insn:HI 20 19 21 0 (set (reg:DF 62)
(const_int 0 [0x0])) -1 (nil)
(nil))
src/lm/element.d:205: internal compiler error: in extract_insn, at recog.c:2083
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [src/lm/element.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/language-machine/trunk/languagemachine'
make: *** [all] Error 2

There were also a bunch of " warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)" warnings first.

The Language machine looks like a VERY expressive language, I have bunch of questions (when I have time) and would love to play with it, but I would like to get a working version first.

Josh Scholar
JoshScholar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I'm more interested in getting this working in MingW32 than under Cygwin, because, if I need to make a language-machine script part of a build, I don't know how to get my IDE (zeus) to invoke Cygwin programs.
Remy Moueza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
- Maybe you should first try to use the last release archive file of the download page on https://sourceforge.net/projects/languagemachine.
- Concerning the error message "warning: -fPIC ignored for targ", be aware that the language machine is also a shared library and it might not be possible to use the regular (unix) build script to build it under MinGW (if you're lucky, replacing "-fPIC" by "shared" might work). Cygwin should be OK for shared libraries.
- cygwin programs have to be used with the cygwin dll: you must tell your system where to find it in order to call it outside of the cygwin terminal, e.g. your IDE. To do so, go change your PATH variable: Start menu >> parameters >> System >> Advanced (or something like this) and search for the environment variables. Just add the path to your cygwin dll directory (prepended by a semi colon); this should do it.
JoshScholar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: New build errors for old! Reply with quote

Solved the first error. In Element.d you cast a double to a bit.

That causes a crash both in the latest (0.24) gdc and the previous one (0.23) - which is reputed to be better.

I replaced the cast with a comparison against 0.0

Ok that's one problem down.

Next I get:

/mingw/bin/gdc -o bin/lm -Wl,--rpath,/usr/local/lib -ldl lib/.libs/liblm src/lm/lmdxMain.o
gdc.exe: lib/.libs/liblm: No such file or directory

So I tried the tar file instead of the latest.

Unzipping it and there's already a problem, symbolic links in the tar:

! C:\MinGW\languagemachine-0.2.4.tar.gz: Cannot open lmn (languagemachine-0.2.4\src\lmnBootstrap\lmn --> lmn)
! C:\MinGW\languagemachine-0.2.4.tar.gz: Symbolic link points to missing file
! C:\MinGW\languagemachine-0.2.4.tar.gz: Cannot open rm (languagemachine-0.2.4\src\lmnBootstrap\rm --> rm)
! C:\MinGW\languagemachine-0.2.4.tar.gz: Cannot open config (languagemachine-0.2.4\src\lmnBootstrap\config --> config)

Building it has both of the same errors as the latest subversion code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Language Machine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: