FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dsss.conf: Round Three

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: dsss.conf: Round Three Reply with quote

Looks like I've finally gotten everything sorted. Local dsss build and dsss install work on the trunk if you download it manually, and the net install works again. I'm still trying to work out how to get all of the packages in one go (i.e. dsss net install derelict), but until then you dsss users can use the same method you've always used to get your Derelict fix.

If no problems rear up over the next few days, I'll look at getting that branch added to the repo for D2.0 compatibility.

Last edited by aldacron on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyborg16

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say the dsss building seems to be broken again... but it seems like it's dsss's fault (won't build any libraries as of r845), not derelicts.

I'm just poisting this for anyone else wondering why on earth dsss won't build a library.
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I read where Gregor mentioned that somewhere a few weeks ago. Once that change gets out of the trunk and into the next official DSSS release, I suppose we'll just have to scrap the dsss.conf files.

I'm tempted to drop support for build scripts altogether. It's really turned into a PITA.
Chman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record - on a fresh dsss install :

Code:
dsss net install dmd
dsss net install tango
dsss net install derelict

Derelict install output :

Code:
Exported revision 280.
derelict => DerelictUtil
Command: copy *.lib ..\lib
+ copy *.lib ..\lib
*.lib
The system cannot find the file specified.
        0 file(s) copied.
Command copy returned with code 1, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

Hope dsss will be fixed soon.

Quote:
I'm tempted to drop support for build scripts altogether. It's really turned into a PITA.

What's the best way to build tango/derelict application ? What would you recommend ?

Tom
aldacron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, DSSS doesn't build libraries anymore. Soon, I'll need to update the scripts to reflect that or just remove them completely.

The way I suggest everyone use Derelict with Tango (even Phobos) is just through importing the modules you need and letting DSSS/Rebuild automatically compile everything together. Just don't bother building the libraries beforehand at all. I've always recommended that and always will. I really don't want to support building the libraries at all because it's been nothing but a headache.

If you absolutely do need to build the libraries with Tango, you can first compile buildme.d into an executable in a Tango environment. If you have Bud on your system, you can then execute the compiled app and build the libraries. That has worked for some people and failed for others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: