FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion: integrate tango's dcode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: integrate tango's dcode Reply with quote

I recently used the --doc switch in dsss for the first time and it gave a good result. I have a suggestion that I think would make it even better. I recently found a small application in the tango svn trunk called dcode. They use it to generate web pages out of D files, e.g http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/source/tango.core.Array.html
It would be really nice if you somehow could integrate that into dsss/rebuild so it generates html files with the source code formatted nicely and make the module headline in candydoc to a link to the web page with the source code like tango has it.
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're referring to doc/bin/dcode.d.

(And unless my eyes are deceiving me, it actually uses Phobos rather than Tango.)
doob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm referring to doc/bin/dcode.d.

I never actually looked at the code but I see now that it uses phobos and I see that dsss also uses phobos so that should make everything easier. I don't know if my previous post was unclear but what I meant was if you somehow could integrate "dcode" in dsss so you can generate web pages that look like the web pages the Tango Team use to display their source code e.g: tango.core.Array.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DSSS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: