FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing docs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Fixing docs Reply with quote

gtkD's current documentation scripts are not working as they should, probably because there's a mix of doxygen, ddoc and other styles of documentation comments in the source code. It'd be wise to settle for a single (officially supported) style.
Currently I'm unable to get doxygen to run past 'computing class inheritance relations' (seems to sit there indefinitely). DDoc, on the other hand, successfully builds a couple of pages, but some are blank (probably due to parameter lists being in the wrong syntax).
I think doxygen is the right choice for the task, if only I could get it to produce some output. It'd be fairly simple, then, to write a short script that could make the necessary changes to files in the wrong syntax.

(Should TRAC be used to post bugs?)
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which doc system is the best choice... but I agree this needs to be determined and applied consistantly to gtkd.

As for tickets, yes, I think this is a good time to start putting Trac to use for gtkd.

-JJR
Pse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
I'm not sure which doc system is the best choice... but I agree this needs to be determined and applied consistantly to gtkd.

As for tickets, yes, I think this is a good time to start putting Trac to use for gtkd.

-JJR

Fair enough, reported to TRAC Smile. I guess this should be set to milestone 1.0. Milestones are not properly set up, though (check ticket #2).
JJR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I see the milestone setup needs to be worked on a bit. I'll see what I can do over the next few days.

Incidentally, I've added you as a developer in gktd Trac list.

-JJR
Pse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDoc is now mostly working in SVN HEAD. A rewrap was necessary to reflect the changes in the code, so some stuff might be broken now. Report any bugs to ticket #1.

To test:
Code:
sh makedocs.sh

Special thanks to Mike Wey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: