FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milestones and Components Added
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Milestones and Components Added Reply with quote

Okay, I've added some milestones and components, and thus closed one of the first tickets for gtkD. Smile

Those of you involved in gtkD, please feel free to look the setup over and clean up the timelines or accept tickets. Feel free to comment on timelines, components, and milestones. They still need some work, but this is a start, I think.

One "big" item I'd like to see working with gtkD is the gdc compiler. May be worth adding a ticket for that.

-JJR
Pse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones and Components Added Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Okay, I've added some milestones and components, and thus closed one of the first tickets for gtkD. Smile

Those of you involved in gtkD, please feel free to look the setup over and clean up the timelines or accept tickets. Feel free to comment on timelines, components, and milestones. They still need some work, but this is a start, I think.

One "big" item I'd like to see working with gtkD is the gdc compiler. May be worth adding a ticket for that.

-JJR

Yay, first ticket pinned!

I'll try to get to gdc by the weekend, though that bug seems like a tough one: ticket #4
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about adding a component for subversion. I filed a ticket about removing the old Duit files in subversion, and as there was no better component, I put it under Wiki & Trac. I tried to look where I could myself add a component, but couldn't find it. Is it only possible for maintainers?

But it's really good to finally put the ticket system to some use!
JJR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaarna, you are listed as a developer for the project. I'm not sure what kind of access a "developer" has on Trac. I'll have to take a look at that. For now, I'll add the subversion component.

kaarna, also I had a look at the "long" list of your proposed updates to gtkD in this topic. Those look like some great suggestions. We should keep them in mind over the next while as gtkD get's fixed up.

Pse, thanks for looking into gdc (and all your other updates)! Both of you, feel free to assign yourselves tickets as necessary. Smile

-JJR
Pse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaarna wrote:
How about adding a component for subversion. I filed a ticket about removing the old Duit files in subversion, and as there was no better component, I put it under Wiki & Trac. I tried to look where I could myself add a component, but couldn't find it. Is it only possible for maintainers?

Perhaps, it'd be wiser to call it "structure and packaging", or something like that, as subversion itself is not related to the files it handles or how they are arranged inside the repository.

Quote:
kaarna, you are listed as a developer for the project. I'm not sure what kind of access a "developer" has on Trac. I'll have to take a look at that. For now, I'll add the subversion component.

I think only the project administrator is allowed by Trac to add components, milestones or versions.
Incidentally, I think each milestone should have its own version. Otherwise, bugs will keep piling up in version 1.0 when there's no such thing. Version "HEAD" should probably be added as well.
JJR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pse wrote:
kaarna wrote:

Perhaps, it'd be wiser to call it "structure and packaging", or something like that, as subversion itself is not related to the files it handles or how they are arranged inside the repository.

I agree Smile

Pse wrote:
I think only the project administrator is allowed by Trac to add components, milestones or versions.
Incidentally, I think each milestone should have its own version. Otherwise, bugs will keep piling up in version 1.0 when there's no such thing. Version "HEAD" should probably be added as well.

I'll look into this. Also, I'd like to know who else feels comfortable, responsible, and reliable enough to be administrator for this project. Let me know. I don't think there should be a "whole bunch" of admins (while there certainly can be several developers). There should be maybe one or two others beside myself. And, incidentally, The part I play will be more the facilitator than the administrator (There are several projects in dsource that I want to help get moving again). My involvement therefore is to help you guys keep gtkD on track; the primary admin will help decide gtkD's future. If nobody wants to be an admin, I'll continue in whatever basic capacity I can afford to give, but it won't be substantial; at the very least I'll be able to field the requests given to me by the gtkD users and developers. Smile

-JJR
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
I would love to be an administrator for GtkD.

I've been helping out, either by support, development, organizing, or releasing. I think this is more or less what an administrator would need to do, and I already do it.

I'd like to play a bigger role in GtkD, if that's fine with everyone else.

So sorry, okibi. I deleted your post while attempting to delete my own (so quoting you above). Thanks for offering; I'll get you setup as a gtkd trac admin today.

-JJr
Pse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
okibi wrote:
I would love to be an administrator for GtkD.

I've been helping out, either by support, development, organizing, or releasing. I think this is more or less what an administrator would need to do, and I already do it.

I'd like to play a bigger role in GtkD, if that's fine with everyone else.

So sorry, okibi. I deleted your post while attempting to delete my own (so quoting you above). Thanks for offering; I'll get you setup as a gtkd trac admin today.

-JJr

Take that as a lesson from JJR, with power cometh ye evil ;)
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Hey, don't give him any ideas!

-JJR
okibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I get made an admin AND get my post deleted? Ok...

Thanks for setting me up as an admin!

I still intend to get the pre-release 7 created tonight, so hopefully we can get entirely back on track this weekend. It'll be nice to see GtkD heading down the right path.
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'm can still update the svn when you've got your release ready.

-JJR

PS: Very sorry about the post. Sad I wanted to reword my last post so decided to delete it. Unfortunately I picked the wrong one. I should have stuck to editing my last one instead. *sigh*
okibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright, it's just a post! Very Happy
okibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR, I've posted Gtkd Preview 7. Please review.

Also, I've spoken with Ant and he will be giving me full access to the project as he no longer has the "drive" to run it.
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! I'm glad you were able to connect with Ant too. Although, you've pretty much got full access to the project now, I think. Smile

I'll have a look at prelease 7, test it out, and then commit it to svn tomorrow. I have a couple of changes that I'll likely submit to svn once it's in the trunk.

Thanks again for all your work!

-JJR
okibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me!

Are you testing on Linux or Windows? I use Linux at home and Windows at work, so I haven't had a chance to compile it on Windows yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: