FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gtkD changing leadership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: gtkD changing leadership Reply with quote

You all notice that I'm no longer the driving force behind gtkD.

Do I need to contact dsource admin to change the project leader?
Who will be the leader? Anyone interested?
jjr, kaarna, Alan, hauptmech, okibi and Pse are now all admins of the gtkD project. I'll ask Brad to give you all full access to the svn repository.
(I don't remember talking to Pse... sorry).
(Nice to see jjr back!)

there are also 2 projects on sourceforge: dui and gtkd.
If no one is interested in that I'll just point the home pages to dsource.

I own gtkd.org. Expires 2008/01/30.
Unless someone has a better idea I'll renew it for another year to give you time to think if you want it.

Long live gtkD!

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be the project leader as I love developinng GtkD and love to use GtkD.

Of course, I'd leave that up to everyone else as I'd like to have them support the idea.

Thanks!
Pse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we haven't met, Ant, but I do know this project has been under your care for a long time, so I'm sorry to see you leave for now. I do hope gtkD keeps moving on, as it is a really important asset for the D community. In any case, I'm pretty sure your contributions will always be welcome around here Smile

I believe gtkD is particularly in need of a dedicated leader, with a personal interest in pushing this project forward. Okibi seems to display such interest and, although I'm quite new around here, I've seen he has consistently contributed to this project, even when things seemed to stall. He's been one of the main contributors to the latest preview releases and has kept things moving along. I'll welcome him as the new gtkD overlord should everyone feel that's right.
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Ant! Good to hear from you too! It's been a long time. I hope you are doing well.

As you can see, gtkD is still popular, so all your hard work on it over the years did in fact bear some fruit. Smile

I've been in and out of the D world myself a couple of times due to "real life". Right now I'm hoping to see some of these projects keep moving forward. Thanks for giving your support.

Okibi, you are now officially project lead Smile. I'll continue to facilitate, contribute, and support where I can.

Hmmm... it looks like Ant made a whole bunch of us Trac admins Smile. Hope that works out alright.
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi, I've activated your moderator status for the gtkd project forum.
okibi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for allowing me to become the new driving force behind GtkD. I intend to dedicate my work to the ongoing effort to make GtkD the best GUI library for D, and to be as complete as possible.

Thanks again!
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I hope you have the time and patience to move gtkD forward! (And that doesn't mean other peoples efforts aren't needed anymore...) Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: