FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is build good enought to use ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
l8night

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: is build good enought to use ? Reply with quote

(forgive me is this goes, pear shapped I'm using Dillo on my PS2/Linux box as my wireless lan is down!!)

I've just got my live/internet back in some kind of order, so am starting to see if I can help at all with some of the projects that I started a few years ago.

the libraries.setup file is only relivant to ppl who use my bizzare makefiles (which I think where once part of the util8 project)

but as a svn checkout (using used tortoiseSVN) give me trunk/core32/..
and I'm prefixing that with project (so /home/dsource/core32/truck/core32/...)

it seems that I either have to tweek my build make files which expect a project to be in ../lib/<name>/... to expect ../<name>/truck/<name>/...

or look around for a better system for building all of this stuff ?

I'm going to experiment with build next week ...

does anyone have a better idea ?
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Welcome back. Reply with quote

Firstly, tortoiseSVN will let me check out everything (trunk, downloads, etc.) into a directory called "core32", so that's what I do.

I don't know if you noticed, but I added a nice little batch file since I didn't know how to use your libraries.setup. I haven't used it in a while, but it should still work.

If I were going to invest a little time into a new and improved system, I do think that Build would be great. It's stable and it's flexible and it's designed with D's quirks in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Core32 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: