FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking forward to unit test UI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhasenan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Looking forward to unit test UI Reply with quote

Thanks a million for Descent (or at least $20 -- where could I send it?). With an IDE, I finally feel like I can see what's going on in my code.

I eagerly await a unittest UI, so that I can make sure my code actually works. At my job, I use test-driven development, and I miss that with D, even though the language supports unittests.
fraserofthenight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit test UI is being worked on, but it requires a builder and some other stuff... it'll be there soon, including stack traces (where you can go to the actual executing lines in the functions), the ability to re-run specific tests and loads more.

However, in the meantime, you can use the testing back-end that's already partially done (sadly, it only works for Windows + D1; I'm going to go back & fix that when the UI is working), which will let you run your tests one at a time, show pretty stack traces, etc. You'll have to manually link it in, and there are no pretty bars, but it's a good start for supporting test-driven development.

Check it at:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/browser/trunk/descent.unittest/flute/src/org/dsource/descent/unittests/flute.d

It should be fairly well ddoced, and can run tests one at a time or all the tests in the project (the UI will come with the ability to run all the tests in a project, package, or module).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: