FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Object file conflict

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyfex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Object file conflict Reply with quote

When the compiler makes object files it seems to give them the same name as the D source files, but with an .obj extension. I have two D source files with the same name (loader.d) in two different directories.. It seems as if this causes a conflict, and only one of the obj files are kept. When using dmd directly I believe this could be solved by using the -op switch.. but how can I solve this using Poseidon?

If there's not I guess I have a feature request:
Add a checkbox to use -op in options

Also: Is it right that there's no shortcut for undo? >_<
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Object file conflict Reply with quote

skyfex wrote:
When the compiler makes object files it seems to give them the same name as the D source files, but with an .obj extension. I have two D source files with the same name (loader.d) in two different directories.. It seems as if this causes a conflict, and only one of the obj files are kept. When using dmd directly I believe this could be solved by using the -op switch.. but how can I solve this using Poseidon?

If there's not I guess I have a feature request:
Add a checkbox to use -op in options

Also: Is it right that there's no shortcut for undo? >_<

I'll add -op compiler option, please wait......

Please re-config the shortcut on Tools->Options->short cut.
skyfex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Great work on Poseidon so far btw.

It worked for me adding -op in Extra Options in Compiler Options in Project Properties. It looks like debugging is broken though, but I haven't made an effort to solve that yet.

Didn't see the config for undo last time I looked.. Silly me Wink
But what about a short-cut for "build and run" and debugging?

Hmm.. I'm considering contributing to the project, but it'd take some time to get familiar with it I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: