FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to integrate DFL with DSSS,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lex_aver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: How to integrate DFL with DSSS, Reply with quote

Hello, everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Right now DFL does not support DSSS. I tried to integrate them by hand, but there was one problem: interface files generated for DFL were broken. I tried to fix them by hand, but errors were way ambiguous, so I resorted to using DFL as a source library.

As a result, I now have two major problems with using DFL.

First, it is compiled along with my program. Of course, it happens just once, when I build another version, but It's annoying anyway.

Second, I have to include all required libraries and path to them by hand. Again, I only have to do it once, when I create dsss.conf file, but doing it defeats the very advantage of using DSSS - not having to care about imports.

Have anyone here ever encountered this problem? If so, how did you solve it?
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How to integrate DFL with DSSS, Reply with quote

I'm not a DSSS user, so can you explain how you did everything leading to your problems? including how you got "interface files".
lex_aver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built DFL from source using .bat files supplied, although I modified makelib.bat, editing paths and and enabling .di generation

It builds Ok, but interfaces are totally broken - my compiler is having errors using them. It builds well with DFL sources, though.

I use stable DMD 1.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: -H issues and How to integrate DFL with DSSS Reply with quote

Thanks, today's snapshot works around DMD's -H bugs.

If you are still having problems with DSSS, please let me know; the more information you provide, the better. Exact commands, where you put things, configurations, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: