FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doing DWT by DSSS net install

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Doing DWT by DSSS net install Reply with quote

Hi

I am trying to do DWT as dsss net install.
The URLs are already added, thanks Gregor.
Now there are some problems with it left.

1.) requirements for DMD and tango. How can dsss ensure, that dmd and tango have a given version. As i see it, there is only one "tango" and one "dmd" item to install. Probably it would be good to have
- tango-svn
- tango-release (latest release)
- tango-0.99.4
- tango-0.99.5
- dmd-1 (latest dmd 1.X)
- dmd-1.027
- dmd-1.028
- dmd-2 (latest dmd 2.X)

2.) A defined way to install and separate the compile time resources. That are files that are used in import("myfile") statements. In dwt-addons there are several images and property files that are used like that.

3.) A defined way to install and separate the libs a packages is delivered with. dwt-win has a zip file with .lib files. Some a them are newer versions of the one from the DMD distribution (user32.lib, kernel32.lib). So, if an application is build, using dwt-win, then, the libs from dwt-win shall override those from dmd.

4.) the dwt-samples project contains only examples. At the moment i can use dsss net only to install a package. But this does not make sense for an example package, does it? Perhaps a "dsss net source" (like apt-get source) can be used to extract a package to a users directory.

5.) At the moment there are problems with the latest tango release and a dmd compiler bug. Some changes to tango are necessary to work around these problems. Is there a proper way, that one package can apply a patch to another package?
Perhaps i could ask the tango team to create a svn branch with those changes "0.99.5-dwt" and have dsss have a tango-0.99.5-dwt ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DSSS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: