FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyborg16

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Project listing Reply with quote

The project list is better than it was, but it could still be better. Of course, a dynamic list using statistics like no. of commits in the last month and tags for category & status would be brilliant, but probably quite a bit of work.

Perhaps an easier approach would simply be to have a wiki page (or several) for the projects listings? It could also be useful to have other wiki pages on the site, and maybe small files like benchmarks & utility programs (which don't quite fit on the tutorials page). The down-side is the potential need for moderation.

Just throwing a couple of ideas around for improving the site; nothing needs to be done but it could potentially be better.
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Project listing Reply with quote

Cyborg16 wrote:
Perhaps an easier approach would simply be to have a wiki page (or several) for the projects listings?
Maybe something like this: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DsourceOrg (but with more information about project status).

Cyborg16 wrote:
It could also be useful to have other wiki pages on the site, and maybe small files like benchmarks & utility programs (which don't quite fit on the tutorials page). The down-side is the potential need for moderation.
I think it'd be fine to include larger files as part of the Tutorials project. Or they could be uploaded to the Bindings project which I believe still has public SVN access. Or they could be contributed to Scrapple.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prototype of coming release: http://d.stonecobra.com/projects

Sortable, paged, filterable, and maybe with votes a la reddit/hacker news.

Just need a bit more time.

BA
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to this new project listings page ? i think it would be very helpfull to get at a glance which projects are given up and which are not.
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extrawurst wrote:
what happened to this new project listings page ? i think it would be very helpfull to get at a glance which projects are given up and which are not.
I hope that the new project listings page happens as soon as possible, but it might be stuck in development limbo for a while (or forever for all I know).

In the meantime, I wonder if we could make use of other website services, such as ohloh to see how active particular projects are and how much code they have. For example, http://www.ohloh.net/tags/d gives a list of projects that contain the "d" tag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: