FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can not install with DSSS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeon06

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Can not install with DSSS Reply with quote

Hey all,

I cant seem to install Derelict with DSSS... First I downloaded DSSS, then I used it to install DMD... Then I try "dsss net install derelict" and when it gets to OpenGL there are errors on almost all the files, something along the lines of: "valid linkage identifiers are D, C, C++, Pascal, Windows"

Anybody knows whats wrong?
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen that error before. DSSS has been compiling my test cases fine. I've had other error with net install lately, but not what you are seeing. I can assume it has to do with the recent change in the trunk to how function signatures are declared in a few of the packages, DerelictGL being one of them.

Is the error coming from DSSS itself, or from the compiler? Which compiler and which version of it are you using? Which OS? Can you compile using Rebuild directly instead of DSSS?
Xeon06

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so if I just try to install Derelict without anything first I get a lot of "Couldnt detect versions". Same if I just try to use Rebuild so I'm guessing its Rebuild related. Now I install DMD (v1.018) from DSSS and I try again. Now I got no "Couldnt detect versions" with Rebuild. I then proceed to try and install Derelict and thats where I get the errors I described in my first post. Im under Windows XP and I do not know how I would go about compiling using Rebuild instead of DSSS.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeon06 wrote:
Now I install DMD (v1.018) from DSSS

This is your problem. A few Derelict packages were recently updated to use a feature that was introduced in a later version of DMD. At the top of this forum is an announcement titled "Possibly Breaking Changes" with the details. In a nutshell, you'll need to use DMD 1.020 or later if you are using the current Derelict trunk. Alternatively, you could check out an older revision of Derelict. The change was made in revision 303, so revision 302 should work with the older DMD. But I don't recommend it.

I do recommend you use a more recent DMD version. 1.018 is well over a year old. If that's the only version DSSS can install, then I'd skip it and just install a recent version manually. It's an easy thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: