FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Easy D 0.6.3 be updated for September/October timefram?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
l_d_allan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Will Easy D 0.6.3 be updated for September/October timefram? Reply with quote

Chris,

Not clear if this is the correct place to ask. Sorry if it is OT. This seems to be where you "hang out".

I used to be semi-active using D and DFL some years back. I am interested in checking out the current status and evaluating the appropriateness of using D and DFL for a Windows freeware project.

I noticed in the newgroups that you anticipated an update of Easy D 0.6.3 on or about Sep 15, 2008. How is that progressing? Do you anticipate something soon?

At this point, I just want to build the latest sample DFL code (including the splitter example), and see what it looks like.

The impression I'm getting is that there are a lot of "pieces" to "knit together" to get D builds to work ok, and be able to step around in the code with a debugger. My impression is that Easy D x.x.x is intended to simplify that for "once again newbies" like myself.

Back in 2004 and 2005 I used the Visual Studio 2003 IDE for development and "debugging".

Would it be approprate to use 0.6.3, or wait for the quarterly update, if that is "real soon now".

I suppose I should spend some "quality time" on the D Learners newslist.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Easy D 0.6.3 be updated... Reply with quote

I don't know about an "Easy D", perhaps that's something from the other Chris Miller. His middle initial is R and mine is E. I have a very common name.

To get started with DFL, you should match up compiler and library versions as stated. The release currently needs older versions, whereas the snapshots and svn are more up-to-date. I hope to have some updates soon and it will be easier to use current versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: