FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few projects I've been working on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: A few projects I've been working on Reply with quote

Since this is my first post I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Jeff, I've been programming in D for a few years now. I started when I took a class in C and download dmc to work on my projects outside of class. A while later I decided to try out D, and it's now my language of choice.

Over the years, I've started a few ambitious projects, I figured I'd post them here to see if anyone is interested in them.

(unnamed chat program):
Allows the user to chat with anyone else on the LAN that has the program open. It was originally just me playing around with DFL and sockets, but I hope to add IRC and/or Jabber support later on in addition to the LAN chat feature. Right now though it hasn't really gotten past the "toy" stage.

MathWiz:
A calculator program. Right now it only does simple arithmetic, but I plan on adding symbolic calculation (x + x => 2x), equation solving, and graphing capabilities.

OnyxScript:
Yes a scripting language. I figure this one will probably get the least amount of interest here since the market on D-based scripting languages seems to already be flooded. But I'll go ahead and post this anyway since it's the furthest along out of all my projects. Some of the more interesting features it has:
-Everything is an expression
-Multiple assignment [x, y] = [1, 2]
-Scope guards
-Lazy parameters
-Tuples
-Named arguments
-A feature I created and called "array-builder expressions", which turned out to be semantically similar to Python's list comprehensions
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Potential Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: