FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 4 - MiniD 2 Progress update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: October 4 - MiniD 2 Progress update Reply with quote

I've been slowly working on things over the past month or so and the new MiniD 2 implementation is practically finished. There are a couple holes here and there - some missing minor API functions, a good portion of the binding lib, some more additions to the standard library I'd like to make - but other than that it's done. I'll probably be making an announcement on the NGs soon about the MiniD [alpha, beta, something].

Something that's come to my attention is that GDC in any form is currently too olde to compile the new implementation. Even if you use the trunk version of GDC, it's only equivalent to DMD 1.030, and the new MiniD 2 implementation depends on some bugs that were fixed in 1.031 and 1.032. To that I say: GDC, get off your ass. David Friedman, wherever you are, please either pass on the project to someone who has time and desire to manage it, or abandon it outright.

The situation on Linux isn't all bad, though. DMD works with MiniD 2, and LLVMDC seems to work as well (MDCL compiles and runs, even with -O and -inline).

Last edited by JarrettBillingsley on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
sleets

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Work!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: