FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictFMODEX Has Arrived

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: DerelictFMODEX Has Arrived Reply with quote

In the Derelict2 branch, you can now use DerelictFMODEX. It is based on the headers for FMODEX 4.30, the current stable version.

Code:

module testfmod;

version(Windows)
{
    pragma(lib, "lib\\DerelictUtil.lib");
    pragma(lib, "lib\\DerelictFMODEX.lib");
}

import derelict.fmod.fmodex;

void main()
{
    DerelictFMODEX.load();
}

I can verify that it compiles and loads without errors on Windows. Beyond that, I make no promises at this point. It is quite possible that some functions are missing, have an incomplete parameter list, or something unexpected. Currently, it looks for fmodex.dll on Windows and libfmodex.so on Linux (but it is currently untested on Linux). If anyone knows the correct string for Mac, please do inform me.

And remember, you always need to be aware of the licensing of the bound libraries when using Derelict. Derelict itself uses the Boost license, but the libraries to which it binds have a variety of licenses. This is especially important when using FMODEX. Make sure you understand its license thoroughly before using it. In short, if you aren't making any money at all off of your application, it is free to use. But if your app is commercialized, you need to pay a license fee. Read the details for yourself. I just want to remind you that Derelict's license applies to Derelict only. I'll have a big disclaimer in the new documentation, whenever I get around to writing it.

I was also going to include a binding for FMOD 3, but when I visited the site the other day I learned that it was deprecated. It's still available for download, but is no longer available for licensing (meaning it can't be used in commercial apps) and no longer receiving updates. So I no longer plan to add a binding for it.
ponce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool stuff ! Very Happy

FMODEX is one of the finest available audio libraries, and the existing D binding was outdated. I've derelectified a subset of BASS to get around it, but i think it's not that well supported on Linux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: