FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictIL Update and More

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: DerelictIL Update and More Reply with quote

DerelictIL, DerelictILU and DerelictILUT have all been updated to the latest version (1.7.3) of DevIL. Currently, DerelictILUT is missing the declarations for the XWindows functionality, but I'll get on that in a few days. Also, I plan to add at least one test case for IL & ILU. The current trunk compiles but is as yet untested.

Since I'm going through and updating each package for both the latest version and for D2 support, I'll also be eliminating the typedefed function pointers as recommended by MrSunshine in another thread here. This reduces the size of the compiled libraries dramatically (I noticed a 50% reduction with DerelictAL -- can't wait to see what happens with GL) while, apparently, also eliminating the problem that required -no-export-dynamic when compiling with rebuild on Linux. DerelictIL, ILU, ILUT and DerelictAL have all been modified in this manner. The rest will come when I get to them.

There's one more change that probably won't hurt anyone, but I should mention just in case. When compiling the libraries with DSSS, 'dsss distclean' will now be run as a postbuild step after the resultant library is copied to the DerelictTrunk/lib directory. This gets rid of all of those nasty little directories and object files that DSSS leaves lying around (and that really don't matter when building Derelict). I'd love to tell you that this doesn't affect people using Derelict via 'dsss net install', but it appears that Derelict is no longer available that way! I can't be bothered to look into it right now, though.

As always, please let me know here of any problems you may encounter. More updates to come as I find the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: