FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictAL Update, New Tests Directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: DerelictAL Update, New Tests Directory Reply with quote

I realized that some preliminary Derelict 2 work can be done on the current trunk before creating a new branch. This includes updating some of the packages and getting D2 support in there.

DerelictAL hasn't gotten any love in a long while. And since I never use it, I didn't realize how horribly broken it really was. Sure, it still worked, but there were missing type declarations, platform specializations and other weirdness going on. IIRC, I had based the binding on more than one source of OpenAL headers.

This time around, I downloaded both the OpenAL SDK and OpenAL Soft to make sure the headers in both versions were in sync (they were) and went to work. DerelictAL is now completely up to date with OpenAL 1.1. So far, it works on Windows. I have yet to put it through the paces, but the alinfo test in the new 'tests' directory compiles and runs as expected.

Yes, there's a new 'tests' directory. I have removed the 'examples' directory. The new dir contains a dsss.conf file that can be used to build the one lone test that currently resides there along with any tests I'll add in the future. This is independent of the top-level dsss.conf, so you won't be building the tests every time you build the libraries.

To build all tests in the directory, cd into the tests directory and run 'dsss build'. All tests will be compiled into a package-specific subdirectory of tests/bin (e.g., tests/bin/DerelictAL).

As always, please let me know of any problems you find, preferably via the project's ticket system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: