FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program not working on other's machine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ickylevel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Program not working on other's machine Reply with quote

Hey , do you know , by any chance what could cause this problem :

When others try to test my game made with derelict-sdl , the screen is black but the program is running. It's like the graphic part only isn't working.
I tried to include some dlls in the folder. I added some from a D working game I have downloaded.
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be absolutely anything. If it were a problem with a missing SDL DLL, Derelict would throw an exception when trying to load it. Without more data, all anyone can do is guess. And even that's hard to do without knowing what your program does.

I suggest you implement some logging in your graphics code to monitor the state of things as it runs. Then examine the output after running on your tester's machines. And make sure that you are testing the return values for errors when calling SDL functions.
ickylevel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything ? Why is it working on my computer then ?

I think it's related to sdl image because I have the same kind of problem if I remove the images from the game folder.
aliloko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you used absolute file paths.
ickylevel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ickylevel wrote:
I think it's related to sdl image because I have the same kind of problem if I remove the images from the game folder.

Are you checking error codes? Are you ensuring that the images are actually loading? What you say here suggests to me that you aren't. It's quite possible that, for whatever reason, the images aren't being loaded on the other machines. Again, all anyone can do here is guess. You need to try debugging your program to figure out what's going on. Logging is a great place to start in this case.
ickylevel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
ickylevel wrote:

Are you checking error codes? Are you ensuring that the images are actually loading? What you say here suggests to me that you aren't. It's quite possible that, for whatever reason, the images aren't being loaded on the other machines. Again, all anyone can do here is guess. You need to try debugging your program to figure out what's going on. Logging is a great place to start in this case.

Probably. Trying ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: