FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found descent-problem with comments!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3-S-E

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Found descent-problem with comments!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

this time I found a nasty problem, but finding the source of it wasn't that hard.

Descent seems to have problems resolving names of functions from a library when preliminary to the function a comment-block is set. But let me explain it with pictures, cause my English sucks a little bit! Smile

I try to call a struct-member-function "call".

1) No intellisense-proposal for the searched function found:

2) By writing it manually everything turns red:

3) Lets have a look in the module containing that function (note the comment-block!!!):

4) After removing the comment-block and cleaning the workspace the error disappears:

5) The searched function appears at the proposal-list:

6) And now everything is fine:

Please check this out, cause it seems that Monster is using a lot more of this comment-blocks! Rolling Eyes

Two notes btw.:

1) The function has appeared sporadically in the proposal-list, but after selecting it descent forgot immediately about it - not reproducible;

2) Compiling with dsss has worked at every time fine and the application has worked correctly!
3-S-E

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVN Version of Monster has been updated. The call-function calls "call_raw" now, but the symptoms are the same: With comment-block no recognition of descent, without comment-block no problems!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: