FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help setting up wxD with Decent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brok3n_Halo

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Help setting up wxD with Decent Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a complete D noob and am trying to start a project in Decent that uses wxD and have no idea what I have to set up so that Decent is aware of wxD when I try to compile.

I currently get the error message module wx cannot read file 'wx\wx.d' on the line import wx.wx;

Here's where I'm at. I have the D compiler all set in Descent (as described here) and I can compile stand alone D samples. I have wxWidgets and wxD compiled and ready to go.

In Descent in the user library settings I have on library I named Phobos with the directory C:dmd/src/phobos.

As my first step to what I thought to do for adding wxD I also created a library called wx and gave it the directory C:wxd but I still get the same error.

Thanks for any help!
doob

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, the user libraries are only for autocompletion and other things and has nothing to to with building the application in descent.

Second, there are two ways you can do here:
A. Copy the wx directory to the same directory as your project you're building.

Or

B.
1. Install wxD with dsss, if it has a dsss.conf file you just run "dsss build" and "dsss install".
2. Configure descent to use dsss. Follow the guide in your post, replace "Location" with the path to dsss, replace "Arguments" with "build".
3. Create a dsss.conf file in every project you want to be able to build with dsss. The file should look like this for a library:
Code:
[folder]

Or for a executable:
Code:
[main.d]

4. Now when you build your project with dsss, dsss will automatically find any project installed with dsss.

The later is a more general case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: