FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any plan on DerelictOGLFT?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hima

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Any plan on DerelictOGLFT? Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if there's any future plan on converting opengl/freetype library or engine to make it easier to use freetype with opengl in Derelict? I've tried DerelictFT...but there are so much to learn that it is really overwhelming. I also cannot find a good tutorial on turning glyph into a texture. Nehe one was nice but it seems old now and the new lessons are not updated anymore Sad

So I was wondering if there's any plan on this? If not, could someone suggest me how should I start as a beginner? I'm also just started learning OpenGL as well, so maybe this make it worse.

Thank you in advance Smile
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yage (link in my sig) uses DerelctFT + OpenGL. You can browse the source and see for yourself. I basically use yage.resource.font to generate caches of rendered letters for each font, as needed, then use yage.gui.textlayout to composite them onto a single image and upload it as a texture.
JNewt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checkout the Schooner fonts library (here on Dsource). I've been using a slightly modified version of it for more than a year now.
odeamus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try FTGL http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/#FTGL or QuesoGLC http://quesoglc.sourceforge.net/

Bindings for both can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/odefu/
hima

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, both of you.

I've looked at Schooner, but all the links are broken , so I'll try FTGL or QuesoGLC instead. But if anyone can provide a link to Schooner, I'll really appreciate it! Smile
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hima wrote:
I've looked at Schooner, but all the links are broken , so I'll try FTGL or QuesoGLC instead. But if anyone can provide a link to Schooner, I'll really appreciate it! Smile

It might need updating, but there is source available. (You might want to check it out from the SVN repository.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: