FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing AlignType

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Missing AlignType Reply with quote

I want to test out Rae and see if it is what i actually want. I seem to be missing aligntype and i cant seem to find it anywhere in the the trunk.

I understand your still working on it. I just want to check it out.
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the missing AlignType into trunk now.
If you have a working gtkD, it should work. (Haven't tested with gtkD trunk.) Oh, and you'll need LodePng too from dsource. Put it inside /dependencies folder and install it with dsss. (LodePng doesn't work on Windows so it's not needed there.)
Also, I haven't tested the latest compilers. I use the Easy D package on Windows, and some GDC package on Linux and OS X. Linux should be the easiest, because that's where I do all my actual development.

Rae doesn't work as an actual library yet, because dsss doesn't allow a lib to depend on a lib. So, ignore the dsss.conf found in the root folder. Instead try the individual dsss.conf found in each of the examples and unittests.

Most of them won't work under Windows or OS X. Propably only Helloworld works on Windows. (But they'll propably work if you use the dsss.conf file from helloworld...)

I don't have any good examples in there yet, but I hope to get that fixed soon. Maybe even this week, who knows...

But if you get it to work, then you might want to try:
examples/helloworld
examples/pictureviewer
(works on OS X too. Give it a .png image file or a folder with only .PNG images in it, and it should show them. There must not be any other files in that folder... If you get it to work, you can test the filechooser, which doesn't work yet... Also click on maximize and i button on the right of the filechooser window.)

unittests/rtree is also propably working. And the others are just tests that might work or not.

So. Rae is not in a usable state yet, but I'll try to atleast put some good examples there later. You'll also propably notice some pixel rounding issues, which I can't solve, but they're not too bad for an opengl 2d library. The animations also suck, as they jitter too much, but I hope someday someone will come and fix them for me.

But I'll be happy to answer to even the tiniest problems you might have with trying to compile and run Rae.
mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using windows and easy D. I got the helloworld example working. The pictureviewer somewhat works. The only problem is that it doesn't show the image. I even tried dragging the image onto the exe with no luck. It does show something but its not my image.

I do like the "i" thing for the file chooser where it switches to settings that is cool.

Thanks for your help.
kaarna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You're propably the first person to ever compile Rae, other than myself of course. It's really great to know that it is possible to get it working for other people. Gives me a bit more motivation.

Yes. The pictureviewer doesn't work on Windows, because I couldn't get LodePng library working. It could be "easily" changed to use some other image loading library (rae/canvas/Image.d LoadPng() or something like that...) but I haven't had the time. (Somebody please bind GraphicsMagick for D. I tried that once, but there were some nasty C exceptions that I didn't know how to bind.)

Glad you liked the "i"-thing. It's of course not that original, as a lot of things seem to be doing that these days. But anyway, it's pretty easy to do simple animations like that with Rae.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Rae All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: