FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 0.5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Juno
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Version 0.5 Reply with quote

Juno 0.5 is now available from the wiki: http://www.dsource.org/projects/juno/wiki.

(I know I promised a 0.4.1 release, but I thought I might as well add things that had been in the works for some time.)

This version has many new features, including a cryptography API, a file-system watcher class, and Internet upload/download routines.

Source: http://dsource.org/projects/juno/browser/downloads/juno/juno-src-0.5.zip?format=raw
Import libraries: http://dsource.org/projects/juno/browser/downloads/juno/juno-lib-0.5.zip?format=raw
Documentation: http://dsource.org/projects/juno/browser/downloads/juno/juno-doc-0.5.zip?format=raw
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool.

Can we still use files in the "tlbimpd 0.4" style with Juno 0.5 or did the format change?

Also, which version(s) of DMD is Juno 0.5 known to be compatible with? The latest DMD 1.x? (Any DMD 2.x support? I don't really use DMD 2.x yet myself, but I'm curious.)
John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can we still use files in the "tlbimpd 0.4" style with Juno 0.5 or did the format change?

Modules generated by tlbimpd 0.4 are compatible with Juno 0.5.

Quote:
which version(s) of DMD is Juno 0.5 known to be compatible with?

Juno 0.5 works with D 1.045 - but should be OK with 1.030+. Getting it to compile on D 2.x isn't too difficult - mainly to do with the const system, and renaming module imports (like core.thread and core.memory instead of std.thread and std.gc).

However, I do plan on releasing an official port of Juno for D 2.0. It's got smart pointers for IUnknown and VARIANTs clean up automatically. It's just such a pain maintaining two branches that I'm holding off on releasing it until the 1.x branch is complete.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
Quote:

Modules generated by tlbimpd 0.4 are compatible with Juno 0.5.

Quote:
which version(s) of DMD is Juno 0.5 known to be compatible with?

Juno 0.5 works with D 1.045 - but should be OK with 1.030+. Getting it to compile on D 2.x isn't too difficult - mainly to do with the const system, and renaming module imports (like core.thread and core.memory instead of std.thread and std.gc).

However, I do plan on releasing an official port of Juno for D 2.0. It's got smart pointers for IUnknown and VARIANTs clean up automatically. It's just such a pain maintaining two branches that I'm holding off on releasing it until the 1.x branch is complete.

Thanks for the tips.

I was able to compile one of my little example programs with Juno 0.5 (using DMD 1.045). I only had to make a few changes (e.g., fromBStr, toBStr => fromBstr, toBstr). The most interesting thing that I had to do was add VarCmp to my OLEAUT32.lib.

I'm glad to here you're planning to port to D 2.x. D 2.x is a little too cutting edge for me right now, but I want to update to D 2 eventually.
John

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to plunge ahead and make 0.5 compatible with D 2.0. Rather than maintain two code branches, I've used version blocks (works OK, but the string mixins feel like hacks).

So it's on the wiki for those who want it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Juno All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: