FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tango Upgrade Plans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Tango Upgrade Plans? Reply with quote

What are the plans for upgrading ArcLib to Tango releases? Version 0.99.9 is going to have several api-breaking changes. I've run into a few of these while doing my development work on the level extensions, most notably tango.io.File being removed.

Should we wait until 1.0?
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually like to wait for stable releases, but now would be a good time to upgrade the trunk to Tango .99 perhaps.
elkano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but Tango 0.99.9 is already out, and I am having problems adapting ArcLib to compile.
File has moved from tango.io to tango.io.device
FileConduit has disappeared (I believe it is now the same as File, but I could be mistaken)
MappedBuffer has also disappeared, and I don't know how to replace it
There may be other changes, but I have not gone any further.

And since I don't know exactly what all these do, I don't want to change code around blindly and break everything. Could anybody give some pointers?
elkano

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody answered my last post, I took to myself to create a patch to update arclib to tango 0.99.9. It's my first patch ever, so I am not sure I did it as good as possible, but it worked when I tested it.
I have pasted it at pastebin on the following url: http://pastebin.com/hT64kT9g.
elkano

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello? Is there anybody there? The forum seems dead, there's no svn activity, no one seems to have had a look on my patch, and the arclib blog has gone private; I'm wondering what's going on...
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for D2 to hit stable before going on with my game. As for the dev blog going private, I have no idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: