FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keep up the good work! :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trass3r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: keep up the good work! :) Reply with quote

Just wanted to say, I really appreciate cv2pdb. It's an indispensable tool for me Very Happy
Hope you keep developing it Exclamation
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

as you might have noticed, I've uploaded a new version a week ago, but you'll also need to patch dmd for the real goodies Wink

As it seems, cv2pdb doesn't have any major problems, but you need to get used to some quirks. Getting beyond these will probably need some better support from within visual studio, but that's a whole new story...

The next thing I will try to add is support for debugging string-mixins, but this is going to be a dmd-patch aswell.

Cheers,
Rainer
Trass3r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are those goodies? Where's the patch? Wink
sagitario

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The info is a bit hidden in the version history...

The issue that was bothering me the most, is that if you have two variables with the same name in different scopes inside a function, you'll always just see the value of the first.

The necessary debug information is not written by dmd, so it needs modification. The patch is in dmd's bugzilla #3657 and adds lexical scope information to local variables (but needs a bad workaround, because optlink removes the standard debug entries).

I hope Walter will integrate the patches into dmd in one of the next releases...
Trass3r

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lucky Wink
Seems like your bug #3373 bad codeview debug info for long and ulong might be integrated into the next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> cv2pdb All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: