FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I learn gtkD?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acehreli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: How can I learn gtkD? Reply with quote

I think gtkD doesn't have a tutorial. I hope I am wrong. Smile

Has there been a standard naming convention for gtkD? If so, I could learn from a tutorial for another language and adapt that information to D.

If so, which tutorial do you recommend? Should I start from the original C tutorial or is gtkD closer to say a C++ wrapper of gtk?

Thank you,
Ali
Mike Wey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For functions the underscores are removed and the first char of each word is upper case also the class name is stripped from the function name, so gtk_widget_show_all() becomes Widget.showAll();

As for tutorials there aren't any for GtkD, you could take a look at the demo's that come with GtkD.

Or you could try to follow a tutorial for one of the other Object oriented bindings for Gtk.
acehreli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wey wrote:
so gtk_widget_show_all() becomes Widget.showAll();

Thank you very much. That definitely helps.

Quote:
As for tutorials there aren't any for GtkD

The first GtkD tutorial may be written in Turkish then. Smile Since my asking this question, one of us has already started adapting his PyGtk experience to D and has started writing a tutorial.

Ali
Mike Wey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acehreli wrote:
The first GtkD tutorial may be written in Turkish then. Smile Since my asking this question, one of us has already started adapting his PyGtk experience to D and has started writing a tutorial.

Ali

Great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: