FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrapping custom controls in a Control class?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilitirit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Wrapping custom controls in a Control class? Reply with quote

I created a progressbar using CreateWindowExA. I'd like to wrap the progress bar's handle inside a "Control" object so that it fits within my application's framework but I can't figure out how.

Is it possible to do this?

There is a "fromHandle" method on the Control class that returns a Control object but I checked the source and it only seems to work for controls that already exist in the Application.controls array, otherwise it returns null.

Question
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now you could just put the window on a new Control just for it. I haven't made it possible yet to create other controls because I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle it. There will be a way in the future.
- Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: