FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compile error after successful build, can someone help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Compile error after successful build, can someone help? Reply with quote

I have tried to build the Qtd libraries to no avail. I am hoping someone can help me out and show me this is not a problem with the Qtd build and something else that I can change. The success of our using D in the work environment is directly related to how it works with Qt. Since Qtd won't run correctly, D is a no go at this point. I really like the language and hope there is a future to it but I can't convince others if it dosn't play nice with current software. Here is what I have:

Digital Mars D Compiler v2.043
gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1
g++ (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1
cmake version 2.6-patch 4
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.6.2 in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.2/lib
Kbuntu 9.10

After following the posted instructions @ http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/wiki/BuildLinux

I make it through the build just fine, all the libraries where created in /usr/local/include/d

I copy and paste the example posted on the same page (hello world) and compile with the following command:

dmd main.d -I/usr/local/include/d -L-L/usr/local/lib -L-lqtdgui -L-lqtdcore -L-lQtCore -L-lQtGui

also tried

dmd main.d -I/usr/local/include/d

Both have the same errors:

Code:
main.d:(.text._D2qt4core5QList79__T9isComplexTC2qt3gui26QTableWidgetSelectionRange26QTableWidgetSelectionRangeZ9isComplexFZb+0x4): undefined reference to `_D2qt3gui26QTableWidgetSelectionRange26QTable
WidgetSelectionRange9QTypeInfo9isComplexb'
main.o: In function `_D2qt4core5QList42__T7isLargeTC2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfoZ7isLargeFZb':
main.d:(.text._D2qt4core5QList42__T7isLargeTC2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfoZ7isLargeFZb+0x4): undefined reference to `_D2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfo9QTypeInfo7isLargeb'
main.o: In function `_D2qt4core5QList43__T8isStaticTC2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfoZ8isStaticFZb':
main.d:(.text._D2qt4core5QList43__T8isStaticTC2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfoZ8isStaticFZb+0x4): undefined reference to `_D2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfo9QTypeInfo8isStaticb'
main.o: In function `_D2qt4core5QList44__T9isComplexTC2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfoZ9isComplexFZb':
main.d:(.text._D2qt4core5QList44__T9isComplexTC2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfoZ9isComplexFZb+0x4): undefined reference to `_D2qt4core9QFileInfo9QFileInfo9QTypeInfo9isComplexb'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1

This goes on and on for every signature (I just wanted to save space here and give a brief description)

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,

merc
billeth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merc, was wondering how/if you resolved this problem. I see you're running Kubuntu 9.10 and you've installed Qt 4.6.2. Kubuntu 9.10 comes with Qt 4.5.x. Is the problem that the libs in /usr/lib are 4.5.x and you're trying to link 4.6.2 code against them? I suspected this before with Kubuntu 9.1 and this latest Qtd/Qt so just upgraded to 10.04 which uses Qt 4.6.2 by default and my problem solved. I'm sure there is a smooth way to accomplish the same without upgrading Kubuntu. I wanted to move to the 10.04 LTS anyway so easier for me. Anyway, curious how you solved this or if anyone here has any insights into this.......ie symlinks, ldconfig, etc.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> QtD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: