FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crash with Windows 7 64bit & VS10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emtek995

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Crash with Windows 7 64bit & VS10 Reply with quote

Trying to build a simple hello world gives me this output from VS10
------ Build started: Project: learningD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Building Debug\learningD.exe...
Converting debug information...
C:\Users\eddie\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\learningD\learningD\Debug\learningD.pdb: cannot load PDB helper DLL
Building Debug\learningD.exe failed!

If I then build without debugging it works. When I run the built program with ctrl-f5 it crashed visual studio.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: devenv.exe
Application Version: 10.0.30319.1
Application Timestamp: 4ba1fab3
Fault Module Name: visuald.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.3.2.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006bae8
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
dickl

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also getting crashes on VS2008 on Win7 x64

When I try to add files into my project, if I add more than just a couple at a time, VS crashes. When I try to edit a file, VS crashes, whether trying to type or just scroll thru the code. When I try to compile, VS crashes. When I try to debug, VS crashes.

No problems working with C++ projects with Visual D installed

I uninstalled Visual D and build the project as a makefile (using BUD instead of make) - no problems. CV2PBD works Great !

I don't see any problems on my laptop running XP pro.
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Crash with Windows 7 64bit & VS10 Reply with quote

emtek995 wrote:

Converting debug information...
C:\Users\eddie\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\learningD\learningD\Debug\learningD.pdb: cannot load PDB helper DLL
Building Debug\learningD.exe failed!

Unfortunately, VS2010 comes with a new PDB helper DLL mspdb100.dll which is not compatible to the DLL that comes with both VS2005 and VS2008. At the moment, I don't have a solution to this but to install any of these products (or it's variants like the express versions). You might be able to extract it (plus a few more files it depends upon) and uninstall the older VS versions, though.

There seem to be too many crashes on x64 at the moment to recommend using Visual D on it. I'm currently setting up a test system to figure out what's going wrong there.
sagitario

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, the latest version 0.3.8 might fix the crashes. Please give it a try.
emtek995

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be working now. Great job. I'll update on any more issues I run in to.
braddr

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a fresh install of the visual studio 10 shell + Visual D 0.3.9 and still see the problem with the PDB helper DLL.

Any thoughts?

Additionally, it looks like build errors (from syntax errors or whatever) aren't making it from the build output into the Error List.
sagitario

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just did a fresh install of the visual studio 10 shell + Visual D 0.3.9 and still see the problem with the PDB helper DLL.
Any thoughts?

This is an issue within cv2pdb that I have not tackled yet, though it is moving up in priority...

Quote:
Additionally, it looks like build errors (from syntax errors or whatever) aren't making it from the build output into the Error List.

I don't use the error list myself, so I did not yet cared to implement it. But it might be a nice feature if you are used to it, so I've put it on my todo-list.
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Any thoughts?

This is an issue within cv2pdb that I have not tackled yet, though it is moving up in priority...

cv2pdb 0.13 and Visual D 0.3.10 now work with VS2010, but you still need the DLL msobj100.dll from another edition. You can extract it from an installation of VCExpress 2010 and put it into the directory where mspdbsrv.exe is located.

Rainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: