FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

starting GTK backend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: starting GTK backend Reply with quote

I've started the GTK backend of MinWin and have bumped into a wierd GTK limitation: there doesn't seem to exist a container like Motif's BulletinBoard where you can put a child in any x,y,width,height position. Does anyone know of a container already out there that lets you do that? I need it so that the MinWin layout classes can position things. I'm contemplating writing my own container to do this but I really really don't want to start writing peer objects unless I need to.

It's pretty wierd that GTK doesn't let you position things by hand, but oh well.
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: nevermind... Reply with quote

I googled around and learned how to write a GTK container so I went ahead and made one. Once I got it finished I realized it is probably better in the long run to have a custom peer since it hooks MinWin's layout into the GTK layout. I might go ahead and do the same thing for Motif. Currently I'm relying on a BulletinBoard and essentially ignoring the Motif layout mechanism.
Anyway, the GTK backend is now back on track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MinWin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: