FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0.39 Crashes VS2008 when updating the rc include paths.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dickl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: 0.39 Crashes VS2008 when updating the rc include paths. Reply with quote

Installed 0.39 and found the rc include paths had been reset to their default values. So tried to update the path, hit OK and crash. Just bringing up this dialog and hitting OK (without changing anything) causes the IDE to crash. The crashing only happens on the D specific dialog.

I uninstalled and re-installed 0.38 and now have the same problem (didn't before). I also tried uninstalling 0.38, running devenv with various /reset switches and re-installed 038. Still get crashes.

I uninstalled 0.38, ran devenv with various /reset switches, and installed 0.39. Still crashes when I try to update the rc include path.

Is there some file somewhere or registry entry I can edit to update the rc include path so I can get past this problem ???
sagitario

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the problem here.

A crashdump might help. To create it, run procdump (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx) after starting VS like this

Code:
procdump -e devenv.exe

and let it crash. procdump should then write a file "devenv.dmp", that you can attach to a ticket.

The rc-path setting is stored in the registry here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\ToolsOptionsPages\Projects\Visual D Settings\IncSearchPath

where 9.0 is the version for VS2008. (8.0 for VS2005 and 10.0 for VS2010).

Rainer
dickl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size of the dump file exceeds the limit of the website.. ( even when zipped with max compression)
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrr, I forgot that limit (seems 256 kB).

I guess the zipped dump is a few MB, so you can send it to me directly to r.sagitario at gmx.de

As the release build process did not produce a pdb-file so far, it would be best if you could recreate the crash-dump with Visual D 0.3.10.

Thanks,
Rainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: