FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

monodevelop-d

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelc97

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: monodevelop-d Reply with quote

UPDATE: No longer working on this, but there is a new project to bring D support to monodevelop http://mono-d.sourceforge.net/

dear linux guys,
I wanted to have d in ide in Linux for so long, and but recently found the vala language is similar to d in syntax. this was nice because that vala bindings are available for monodevelop the package is called "monodevelop-vala" (available in ubuntu repos).
So then i thought how hard would it be to convert this vala binding to a d binding.. it wasnt that hard, i downloaded the source and renamed every instance of the text "vala" to "d", then change it to call the dmd compiler instead of vala's, and adjust the compiler output parsing to detect dmd errors. Anyway here is your result:

As you can see, it works... I'd like to continue working on this but i can't do it by myself....PLEASE HELP

TODO
- remove some of the vala specific stuff.
- code completion - i tried to port d-ide's (d-ide.sourceforge.net) code completion into this binding (which should not be too hard), but failed... guess im still a bit of a noob...
- havent done different project types yet, so only thing that i tested "Console Project"
- project still created with some vala code...(should be easy)

source of what i got so far:
monodevelop-d-2.2.tar.gz[url][/url][url][/url]

Last edited by michaelc97 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
filgood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was keen to have a look at setting up my monodevelop installation for d with your files, but they're no longer available for download. Can you post them somewhere again?

Many thanks,

Filip
michaelc97

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I stopped working on this along time ago..
however I recently teamed up with the creator of D-IDE to bring mono-d
http://mono-d.sourceforge.net/

filgood wrote:
Hi,

I was keen to have a look at setting up my monodevelop installation for d with your files, but they're no longer available for download. Can you post them somewhere again?

Many thanks,

Filip
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: